Common searches

parallel port passthrough

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 20, by richboy109

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jorpho wrote:
Well, if the older version can be "hacked", it's not impossible that the newer version can be hacked as well. […]
Show full quote
richboy109 wrote:

on a side note. there is a older version of that software that was "hacked" that works but its too basic and doesnt have most of the features needed.

Well, if the older version can be "hacked", it's not impossible that the newer version can be hacked as well.

would you or anyone know any people that can "edit" the software to bypass the license key?

Not offhand, but I'm sure they must be out there. When I said "I very much doubt you're the first person over the decades to be confronted with a problem like this", I was referring to the problem of trying to run an old program from a dead company without having to use a security dongle.

i tried putting it ontop of a actual pc and it didnt work over the network im now in the process of trying it directly with a pc with dosbox on it.

You lost me there.

What do you need explained?

i dont understand it at all. i think i installed it but i have no idea if it works or anything.

This is a very poor way to begin, sir. Have you read the documentation, or any of the other threads that have been linked here so far?

The aforementioned Adding old dongle support to DosBox is actually a source patch for DOSBox that won't require PortTalk (or any port at all, once the dongle's data has been dumped). Whether or not it applies to your specific dongle depends on exactly what sort of dongle you have. (Many dongles apparently use the same internal circuitry but with different encryption data stored inside, you see.)

if anyone has time to help us and possibly walk us through it we are willing to pay anyone..

What part of the world are you located in, anyway?

sorry mind is shot not doing individuals anymore...

since most companies are still able to find parts for their computers they still take the easy way, but i want to go to the next step where there is no easy way anymore, only my way 🤣!

the problem with finding someone to edit it is that there is so little demande for it at any given time that its hard to find someone to learn that code and edit it...

i put the key on a parallel port on a computer where we put a parallel port for printing to a label printer, but i couldnt get it to see the key still hence the 2nd post i made right after.

i have read the documentation but i dont understand programming in the slightest and it got a little too technical for me. but i will take another look at that link.

im located in ny ny

thanks in advance

Richard