VOGONS

Common searches

Aspect ratio in fullscreen (widescreen)

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 42 of 51, by mnn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It is hard to reproduce, because even I have problems to reproduce it 😀 Sometimes manually mounting as non-C drive works sometimes don't (C works always). Now, I was able to freeze DOSBox running BAT file (unmodified, which worked before) 😀 DOSBox is real mystery to me now.

EDIT: DOSBox freezes always now running BAT file, I don't know why, I restarted PC, so far nothing works.

Reply 43 of 51, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

please give us the contents of the batch file (or is it any batch file?)!

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 45 of 51, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

this sounds very strange and not normal Dosbox behaviour. Does a simple batch file with just the content

intro

freeze as well?
If not please give us any example of a freezing batch file.
If it does freeze, then there is something seriously wrong on your end.

Reply 46 of 51, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Who made those BAT-files, why, and how?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 48 of 51, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

You are really resistant to help, aren't you? All questions aimed to help you get ignored, at least the important stuff (like the contents of the batch files, or running mem before and after...). Something to remember next time...

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 49 of 51, by mnn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

1) I didn't ignored anything. Don't assume anything.
2) Contents of batch files are irrelevant, they recusively called themselves (by mistake).
3) I did run mem before and after, you've been sleeping through that part of this thread.
4) Just remember... I''ll remember not to listen to guy like you.

Reply 50 of 51, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

1) I didn't ignored anything. Don't assume anything.
-> I just went by what I read
2) Contents of batch files are irrelevant, they recusively called themselves (by mistake).
-> Since they called recursively themselves the contents WERE relevant
3) I did run mem before and after, you've been sleeping through that part of this thread.
-> you never reported back on this except for

Well it is totally independent which drive I use to mount the folder as long as I do it manually. Using Autoexec section or some BAT automation crashes the whole thing up. I think this could (finally) be DOSBox issue.

and

It is hard to reproduce, because even I have problems to reproduce it Happy Sometimes manually mounting as non-C drive works sometimes don't (C works always).

This isn't much of a report, is it?
4) Just remember... I''ll remember not to listen to guy like you.
-> your loss, since guys like me are the ones that actually try to help guys like you...