VOGONS

Common searches

Sound Skips

Topic actions

First post, by Chubster98

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Everything runs great and real smooth on DOSBox except one thing. The sound, it catches real bad and its annoying. Ever since i started using D-Fend, the sounds been acting up. I didnt know how to configure the sound to where its best. Anyone know how to help me?

Reply 1 of 6, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's simple: skipping sound means your computer can't handle the speed DOSBOX is set at. Usually sound suffers first - I found that higher cycles may make a game run more fluent even if sound chops up, but it's not worth it. Just lower the cycles. Or, of course, use Dynamic mode, which can handle more cycles without the sound chopping up.

Reply 4 of 6, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Chubster98 wrote:

Everything runs great and real smooth on DOSBox except one thing. The sound, it catches real bad and its annoying. Ever since i started using D-Fend, the sounds been acting up. I didnt know how to configure the sound to where its best. Anyone know how to help me?

Well d-fend has its own default options, so you might want to check to make sure anything you have edited before in your dosbox.conf is set in the game's profile. D-fend does not even consider dosbox.conf so make sure all your settings are correct in the profile.

Reply 6 of 6, by Karbous

User metadata

Well, I have the same problem (with game I have no mouth and I must scream), and I think I solved it. I set CPU core to dynamic, but when I set higher cycles (20000), the sound is bad, but the speed of game is good. But when I set to 10000 cycles, the geme speed sufers sometimes (in animations), but the sound is absolutely smooth. Well, it seems like more cycles are not always better.