VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by herecomethej2000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there a compilation of the latest CVS build from http://cvscompile.aep-emu.de/dosbox.htm for the mac? Or at least a compilation for mac that uses scaler's performance boost.

Reply 3 of 8, by neowolf

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Compiling it on Mac OS X really does take minimal programing knowledge. I've been meaning to cleanup and post a guide on it myself but I continue to put it off because I'm lazy, really lazy. (I'm also too lazy to lean how to make a statically linked self sufficient binary..)

Reply 5 of 8, by herecomethej2000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

if it realy is so simple i am curious as to why it hasnt been done yet, however how far are you on your guide? Just a suggestion, I know it would make things more difficult but when you make your guide, act like you are talking to someone who has never seen a computor before otherwise it wont be very usefull for us degenerates

Reply 6 of 8, by neowolf

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That's the basic plan. But I'm also trying to make it so that whoever uses it will hopefully learn what they're doing too a bit and not just be blindly copying commands into the terminal. 🤣

Reply 7 of 8, by Snejs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Don't be so modest Neowolf.

I though your guide was pretty educational. I know I learned something.
And since there ware these tiny errors I had to peek around the system some more, resulting in me learning even more 😀

BRs
Snejs