VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Peter Swinkels

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

DOSBox always terminates without warning when I press the Windows key (Causes the Start Menu to appear and forces DOSBox to use a window instead of the entire screen.) or when a program displays a message box, for example, while running DOSBox in a full screen. DOSBox does not crash when it is switched from a full screen to a window or a window to a full screen when the ALT + Enter keys are pressed.

This can be really annoying when having to press the Control or Alt key and accidentally pressing the Windows key because this causes DOSBox to close without warning. So if any one can help me out here...

I run DOSBox v0.63 on a Pentium 4 3ghz running Windows XP Professional.

Last edited by Peter Swinkels on 2010-06-16, 12:35. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 1 of 3, by Peter Swinkels

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I found some new information:

When running DOSBox with the -NoConsole command line switch, I find the following in the "StdErr.txt" file after the provoking the error I described in the previous post:

Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

Hope this helps.

EDIT:
I did some searching on the forums after finding this error message (after finding the -NoConsole switch) and found out that it was suggested to change the "output" option under "sdl" in DOSBox.conf. After trying all options it turned out that the "opengl" and "openglnb" prevented the error. The only problem is that performance for programs that normally require a 80386 to work becomes jerky. I use a P4 3ghz which should be pretty fast and recent, so short of buying a super computer 😁 , I need some other ideas.

Last edited by Peter Swinkels on 2006-03-26, 10:08. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 3, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

should be fixed/improved in the next version.
Problem was that the dosbox kept on drawing in the fullscreen buffer after the os switched to windows mode.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 3, by Peter Swinkels

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Qbix wrote:

should be fixed/improved in the next version.
Problem was that the dosbox kept on drawing in the fullscreen buffer after the os switched to windows mode.

That's great news. Hopefully the bug will be fixed then.