VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by steve14

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Have some problems with DOSBOX 0.65.
I've compiled it by myself on SUSE Linux 10.0.
Here the list:

1. Where must I put the config-file ? Dosbox don't read the config and starts with the default parameters. 😕

2. I can't use the the keys F1-F12. So I can't start the keymapper and set the core up. 🙁

3. I can't hear MIDI-musics in my dosgames with Dosbox under linux , but the music works under windows with Dosbox. 😠

Mybe, someone can help me ...

Reply 2 of 9, by steve14

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, have solved the config- and MIDI- problem.
I don't know why the config works now, maybe It's because of I used capital letters for the first.
Dosbox wanted to open the port 65:0, but TIMIDITY only emulates the ports 128:0, 128:1, 128:2 and 128:3. So I have changed it to 128:0 with a config parameter in the midi capital of the dosboxconfig. I have a TERRATEC Dmx XFire 1024 which don't have a wavetable or a Soundfont memory like the old SoundBlaster cards, so I must use the good TIMIDITY for emulating.

I don't know why the function keys don't work in Dosbox. They work under Linux but not in Dosbox. I've donloaded the german keys-file but no changes.
But it isn't so dramatic. I can setup the core in config.
It would be interesting, if someone can solve the problem.

Reply 3 of 9, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

well do all F keys fail ?
some window managers steal the F combinations although ctrl-F is usually free.
To start the keymapper to change the bindings:

dosbox -startmapper

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 4 of 9, by steve14

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Problem Solved:

You have to turn off some keyshortcuts in the controlcenter of KDE only.

Controlcenter -> Reginal settings & entrance helps -> Key shortcuts -> key kominations -> key shortcut-series -> turn off the key shortcuts for the virtuell dektops

Reply 5 of 9, by ponkan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't know why the config works now, maybe It's because of I used capital letters for the first

linux filenames are case-sensitive, so linux DosBox is too, except (and only except) for the emulated dos environment. Ergo /etc/dosbox.conf and /etc/DosBox.conf are different under normal circumstances, and the same only while they are accessed under emulation. Which brings me something I'm curious about: has anyone tried mounting a directory where two files had the same names except for case? I have to wonder how DosBox handles something like that.

Reply 7 of 9, by PavelJ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ponkan wrote:

Ergo /etc/dosbox.conf and /etc/DosBox.conf are different under normal circumstances, and the same only while they are accessed under emulation.

does dosbox look in /etc? i think it just looks in the current folder.

Reply 9 of 9, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Absolutes are a dangerous thing.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions