VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by kruwi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok, this is just a suggestion of what might be a useful feature:

I know it is possible to mount floppy-diskimages via imgmount and use them as drive a:. But the problem is that you have to enter this command at the command prompt each time you want to "switch floppies". Might it be possible to add something like a "floppyimage-jukebox" like it is implemented in vmware or winuae (even bochs has something like this!).

I think this is especially important because real floppy drives will become more and more rare in the future (they already are for laptops like mine). Also, there are some games/apps that really will not install if not from drive a:. These are only a few, but if the aim is to reach 100% compatibility ... .

This is only a suggestion. I am sorry I can be no help with an implementation myself as I lack the necessary programming skills . 😁 😁

Reply 1 of 4, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I usually just copy the contents of floppies to directories and then mount them as floppies.

Well, not usually since all of my floppies have been copied to other media but you know what I mean.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 4, by Roxor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This "jukebox" feature would also be good for games which come on multiple CDs, too. No more having to go and remount CD images, plus you no longer need to have four DOSBox CDROM drives mounted for one game.

Reply 4 of 4, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There's a patch on the DosBox site for multiple CD Image mounting but I don't know if the devs have looked at it yet.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline