Common searches

DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 380 of 1968, by cheshirenoir

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Silly question folks:
I've tried wading through the thread, and I've done some searching, so I've covered the basics but I'm still a bit stuck.

Is there a 64 bit linux version of 0.62 anywhere to be found? I have 0.55 working (Ubuntu Hardy Heron) but just dropping in the new 0.62 dbgl.jar doesn't seem to work...

"Curiouser and Curiouser" cried Alice

Reply 381 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

This?
DBGL Java error on Mandriva Spring 2008

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 382 of 1968, by cheshirenoir

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm. Tried following that thread. Now I'm getting a:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-gtk-3346 or swt-gtk in swt.library.path, java.library.path or the jar file

Oh well. I'll keep beetling at it...

"Curiouser and Curiouser" cried Alice

Reply 383 of 1968, by catchaserguns

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a serious question. Everytime I tried to play a cd game of Stonekeep it always gives me this error:
Illegal command: D\data\sk.exe
How does one get it to recognize BAT files. Can someone refer me to that topic

Reply 386 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi R0mai,

No, that is not possible, although it is possible to reach the add-new-profile window directly. What is it exactly that you wish to do/accomplish?

Reply 388 of 1968, by thierrybo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Using 0.72 under Linux, and a default mount command in dosbox.conf, DBGL keep adding a new mount line everytime I edit a profile.

For example when I create a profile,

mount C /home/thierrybo/.wine/drive_c

is automatically added after adding the exe path, fine.

Next time the line is doubled, tripled ...

Reply 389 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
thierrybo wrote:

Using 0.72 under Linux, and a default mount command in dosbox.conf, DBGL keep adding a new mount line everytime I edit a profile...

Well, dosbox.conf mounting was fixed in an unofficial build here. Please backup your profile data in advance!

Reply 390 of 1968, by thierrybo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks,

well, I will keep this version as it seems this patch is based on an outdated version now (0.62 / 0.72), and this is the only annoyance I have for this great software. I just remove the extra line to the mount tab each time I edit a profile. Again, a minor annoyance.

Reply 391 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Thierry - DBGL itself is at version 0.62, but it fully supports DOSBox 0.72. You wouldn't have a problem with using Firefox 3 with Ubuntu 8 would you?

Reply 392 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Ran into a snag today when trying to import a dosbox.conf that I had created manually. It was not the importing as such, but DBGL was unable to save the imported profile:

! Something went wrong while trying to save
G:\Documents\DOSBox-games\DBGL-data\dataroot\C-drive\Rally\dodsrally.conf

In my DBGL settings I had chosen to save the profile inside the game folder, so I assume the import routine picked up that my dosbox.conf contained a

mount C "C-drive\Rally"

command and consequently tried to save the imported profile in the (yet) non-existing <dosroot>\C-drive\Rally folder.

Reply 393 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@thierrybo: MiniMax is right, the version that I was linking to is the latest (although unofficial). Thus, it should work nicely for DOSBox 0.72

Reply 394 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Feature request #1: A method to move all existing game profiles (or a selection?) from the DBGL profiles subdirectory into the game directory and vice versa. This could be also be an option when adjusting the defaults.

Feature request #2: Same as #1, but for renaming the profile filenames from the unique numeric ID to profile title.

Reply 395 of 1968, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'll second that. When I archive games I don't just make an archive of the original floppy disks, but one of the installed game, too. I like the idea of being able to save all configuration and profile/database information with the installed game archive.

Reply 396 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I noticed that the "Exit afterwards" feature is implemented by an 'exit' command at the end of the autoexec-section in each profile. Why? Why not do it by launching DOSBox with the -exit option? Am I missing something here?

Reply 398 of 1968, by lady.meggs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Please help. I can get Stonekeep to run in dosbox, but when I try to run it in DBGL, I get the error "stonekeep requires an additional 5672960 bytes of hard disk space".

Reply 399 of 1968, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

did you use some -freesize parameter in either regular dosbox or in DBGL ?

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!