VOGONS

Common searches

DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 400 of 1969, by lady.meggs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

dosbox has the default conf files and after no success playing around in DBGL, I reloaded the program also with the default settings and still the same error message. I see nothing which refers to freesize in either.

Reply 404 of 1969, by flamepanther

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A couple of feature requests:

Support in Audio tab for setting mixer volume

Support for the -usecd switch when configuring a CD-ROM drive

These would save me a lot of headache from re-editing profiles by hand every time I need these options 😀

Reply 406 of 1969, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

A new test build is ready. PLEASE make a backup of your DBGL folder prior to testing, and let me know whether you find it working correctly and intuitively. Let's see what's in it:

- Implemented compatibility with the new DOSBox CVS configuration options such as cputype. When using a new DOSBox build, the new machine definitions are available and 'fixed' is automatically prefixed to the cycles configuration setting when applicable.
- Rewrote dosbox.conf drive-mounting support. This updated version should correctly handle drive mountings defined in dosbox.conf so that both templates and game profiles work correctly. DBGL can even unmount the mounts (mount -u driveletter) using the 'remove' button in the mounting tab. Only mounting information is transferred into a template or profile, so the main.exe, parameters etc. should remain unaffected (Kamichu22, cyberaxe, Devcon)
- Added support for running mixer.com and/or keyb.com with custom settings before starting a game. These settings not only available for a profile but also for a template (flamepanther)
- Improvements to the mount dialog; -usecd, -aspi and -noioctl are now supported and logic was added to only enable controls that are relevant to the currently selected mount type (flamepanther)
- Small improvements to DOSBox version-switching; joystick, soundblaster, gus and machine settings are transferred transparently from one version to the other
- Fix an IndexOutOfBoundsException on Mac operating systems when mounting CD images (Elothan)
- When copying captures on profile-duplication, files keep their last-modification timestamps (MiniMax)
- Configuration files now use system-dependent text format (MiniMax)
- Minor change to opening an URL when clicking on a link in Windows (Markus)
- Some tuning of the (default) available configurations options
- Rebuild the template and profile editing windows to reduce code duplication and make maintenance easier. Lots of refactoring of the DBGL core was carried out in order to reduce complexity and the PMD violations count

Again; this is beta quality software. Although it is versioned as 0.62f, a large amount of intricate code was altered. Be careful about existing profile data when you get to test this DBGL build.

Regards,
Ronald

EDIT: D0h! Updated build for -usecd 0
EDIT2: 0.63 is live

Last edited by rcblanke on 2008-09-02, 17:47. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 409 of 1969, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Looking forward to testing it rcblanke. Nice that the weekend is upon us 😀

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 410 of 1969, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The latest update seems to be working fine here (Windows XP SP3). Now I could make a working profile for "FIFA International Soccer":

dbglzp1.th.jpg

One minor glitch, though. When I first created this profile, it wouldn't let me change the "CPU Type" option. Only once the profile was finished I could edit it and choose "386_Prefetch".

Reply 411 of 1969, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Neville wrote:

One minor glitch, though. When I first created this profile, it wouldn't let me change the "CPU Type" option. Only once the profile was finished I could edit it and choose "386_Prefetch".

Neville, may I remind you that - for the new CVS settings to become active - you have to press 'set' after changing the associated DOSBox version?! Just like when changing from say release 0.72 to a gulikoza build you will have to press 'set' once to get the pixelshader-option enabled.

Reply 417 of 1969, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

OK, I've figured it out. The path to an older version of DOSBox changed. When I tried to edit a profile that was using a version of DOSBox that it could not find, it locked up. It did not lock up with the older version of the jar. The older version gives warnings that it can't find that version of DOSBox. It works fine in jar062f with the path corrected.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 418 of 1969, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

No lock-ups here when editing.

Ran into a minor snag. imgmount'ing with an excessively long path fails with 0.72. And it fails silently 🙁 Maybe it is possible to add some logic to the autoexec section, after the mounting? Something that tests if the Main and the Setup file is present? E.g.

if exist C:\RedAlert\RA.EXE goto C_OK
echo Something went horribly wrong when trying to locate the Main program. Please check your mounting.
pause
exit

:C_OK
if exist D:\Setup.Exe goto D_OK
echo Something went horribly wrong when trying to locate the Setup program. Please check your mounting.
pause
exit

:D_OK

I noticed a spelling error in the Machine tab: It is - unlike the other tabs, written in all lower case.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 419 of 1969, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks guys, the I/O-issue mentioned by collector has been fixed and a new release is now available at the usual location.

The full Mac .dmg will be updated soon to resolve some SWT problems.

EDIT: The Mac package is also available as of now, let's hope I did well 🤐