VOGONS

Common searches

DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 460 of 1968, by Metron4

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I finally got around to trying the latest version. Thanks for the ipxnet support! Now I don't have to set my profiles to read only (or make batch files...yet)

rcblanke wrote:

I would like to continue working on import/export functionality. But I need more information to make sure that most users won't be disappointed when its done:

First off, the new export to fancy shmancy html is amazing! I love this feature. Not only can I see a handy list of games right in my browser, I can see other info and captures too.

Second, as to what I would like to see with import/export...I plan on getting at least one, eventually three more aspire netbooks (they're so cheap!) for a dedicated multiplayer network. Is it possible to polish my games list, then export it with all files and folders for easy duplication on another system? Functionality to have settings for hosts / players would be great.

Cheers,

Rob

Reply 461 of 1968, by Lane

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi - I love DGBL, been using it for years. I have a question/request - is it possible in version 0.64 to force the scaler on for high resolution titles? I know you can do so by manually editing the .conf file, but how would I do this in DBGL?

Reply 462 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi Lane, welcome to Vogons,

Just can add your 'special' scaler into the list of options in the 'Settings' dialog, 'dynamic options' tab. Like 'normal2x forced'.

On a sidenote; a couple of DBGL users have noticed a small behavioral change in the last release with regards to running multiple DBGL instances at the same time, while connecting to the same profiles database.

It seems that the team behind hsqldb have made some changes related to database locking in 1.8.0.10 😒. Documentation on the subject is (as of yet) very sparse, it seems 😕. The result is that you are no longer being warned when connecting multiple times to the same database, which can, potentially, cause data corruption.

Thus, for the moment it may be wise to roll back to 1.8.0.9 of the hsqldb library in order to prevent any, well, nuisances. 🙄 See attachment.

EDIT: removed outdated attachment.

Regards,
Ronald

Attachments

• settings.png
    Filename
    settings.png
    File size
    24 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Settings dialog
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by rcblanke on 2009-11-25, 19:52. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 463 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

Another test-build, 0.64c:

- support implemented for the latest CVS configuration options (midi, gus, sb)
- added German translation (Stefan) and improvements for the Chinese translations (ClarkH)
- fixed a Loopy crash-bug when opening an iso with hidden files
- fixed exe-file selection in an iso to also use relative paths, if possible
- improvements to dialog layout and size, especially for Linux environments (Stefan)

regards,
Ronald

EDIT: removed outdated attachment

Last edited by rcblanke on 2009-11-25, 19:53. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 464 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Ronald - how about a new "faked" display-setting to automatically handle wide screens? See this post: Post 152250

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 465 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
rcblanke wrote:

Thus, for the moment it may be wise to roll back to 1.8.0.9 of the hsqldb library in order to prevent any, well, nuisances. 🙄 See attachment.

Que?

I am currently using 063b, with an lib/hsqldb.jar where the manifest says 'Implementation-Version: private-2006/09/27-08:50:34'.

If I only upgrade using jar064b.zip, I shouldn't have to worry about rolling back anything??

Reply 466 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Your hsqldb.jar is fine, the library can be up- and downgraded without any problems or side-effects, it's just that the very last release (1.8.0.10, which I included in the latest DBGL packages) has the file-locking issue. Therefor, it's probably best to use the version that I attached above. You can upgrade to DBGL 0.64c in combination with any hsqldb version of your liking.

Reply 467 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
rcblanke wrote:

Hi all,

Another test-build, 0.64c:

When I use the 0.64c dbgl.jar I am only able to select between English, Dutch, Spanish and German. With the official 0.64 I get a much longer drop-down list.

Reply 468 of 1968, by code120

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I really like your frontend, more than D-Fend Reloaded for the simple fact that it doesn't create "custom" config files but just standard Dosbox configs, and everything is less messy. I had a suggestion actually. Is it possible to add in the context menu a link to the manual along with "run" and "setup"? Adding the link to a pdf or txt file in the profile, that is.
Then, it would be nice to have icons, but it's ok also as it is for me. I think original D-Fend's icon style is still the best(with the 32x32 or 48x48 icons).
Ok that was it, bye!

Reply 469 of 1968, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've been playing around with DBGL for the first time, and i like it! There's one strange effect, or even bug, though. I'm using Gulizoka's build, and would like to use pixelshaders. When executing a game via DBGL, DOSBox says it can't find the pixelshader file. I think this is because DBGL isn't using the DOSBox subdirectory as "current directory", but it's own "dosroot" dir. This is evident when creating a shortcut from the game's profile. The "execute in" field (don't know if this is the correct english term, but you probably get the idea) says "<DBGL dir>\dosroot". When running the game from the emulator's directory, using the DBGL-generated config files, the pixelshaders work as expected. They also work when i copy the "Shaders" directory to the DBGL "dosroot" dir, but this is a rather "dirty" workaround i think (; .

As the mountings and config files seem to be referenced by their full path by DBGL, i don't see any reason why DBGL should start the emulator .exe in a path other that the emulator's. The effect happens with the latest release and beta versions.

Is there a workaround for this problem, or is it likely to get fixed?

Reply 470 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@code120: context menu links will be available in the next build!

@ADDiCT: Glad you like it! The issue with shaders is well-known, nothing you can do for the moment other than to copy that shaders directory into the dosroot folder, like you said.

As the mountings and config files seem to be referenced by their full path by DBGL, i don't see any reason why DBGL should start the emulator .exe in a path other that the emulator's.

That is incorrect. Config-files, captures, file-links and mounting locations are all relative to the dosroot folder, if possible. That's what makes DBGL highly portable; for example, if you have DBGL on an external harddrive with all your games stored in the dosroot, then changing the hdd's driveletter would be totally painless, all games would still work without any reconfiguration. You could even move the DBGL directory structure to another drive and/or subdirectory, everything would still work. This was all explained over here.
If you would decide to store your games in another location than the dosroot folder, absolute paths will be used. It will work, but you will loose the portability.

Reply 472 of 1968, by code120

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok thanks for the reply, since I'm here I could make a list of things that I'd like to see, if you don't mind!

1. I noticed that all screenshots are adjusted to the size of the first one in the list. Can this be changed, and let every screenshot retain its own size(proportionally)?

2. In the context menu an "open folder" option

3. instead of favourte y/n maybe some stars like in media monkey? and maybe the possibility to edit genre/year/developer directly from the main screen, like in media monkey too? this is maybe difficult I don't know. Maybe just a hotkey to open the edit profile window.

The possibility to browse isos for executables is great! Thx bye

Reply 473 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
code120 wrote:

1. I noticed that all screenshots are adjusted to the size of the first one in the list. Can this be changed, and let every screenshot retain its own size(proportionally)?

Heh, never noticed that myself. It appears that Windows is resizing the toolitem controls itself, somehow. Anyway, I rewrote the thumbs toolbar to use normal buttons which do not have this width restriction. I have the filenames alpha-blended inside the images now.

code120 wrote:

2. In the context menu an "open folder" option

Check it out!

code120 wrote:

3. instead of favourte y/n maybe some stars like in media monkey? and maybe the possibility to edit genre/year/developer directly from the main screen, like in media monkey too? this is maybe difficult I don't know. Maybe just a hotkey to open the edit profile window.

I'll consider your suggestions. Hotkeys are already available, similar to the ones in (the original) D-Fend: ctrl-enter or F2 to edit the profile, shift-enter to run setup.

code120 wrote:

The possibility to browse isos for executables is great! Thx bye

This latest build also adds support for bin/cue files browsing. While it should work for most cd-images, I didn't have time to test it extensively, so please let me know if you have any problems.

And to conclude, thanks to Minimax, DBGL is now also translated into Danish!

EDIT: removed outdated attachment.

Regards,
Ronald

Last edited by rcblanke on 2009-11-25, 19:57. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 474 of 1968, by code120

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Check it out!

Actually I meant an "open folder" option right-clicking on the name of the games, not on the screenshots. Sometimes I need to rename or move files inside the dirs, or simply check manuals or txt files. That is actually the main thing I'd really like to see among those I suggested.
As for the screenshots size, maybe it's better the way they already are, they look better all of the same size. The other things I mentioned are quite useless 😀 maybe just the stars would be nice.
Thanks anyway
Bye!

Reply 475 of 1968, by WilliamC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

DBGL has started to lock up frequently, I suppose I could do a clean reinstall but I've had this problem before. It won't let me add profiles without locking up and it won't let me execute games without locking up.

Reply 476 of 1968, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
WilliamC wrote:

DBGL has started to lock up frequently, I suppose I could do a clean reinstall but I've had this problem before. It won't let me add profiles without locking up and it won't let me execute games without locking up.

Check the paths to DOSBox on the DOSBox versions tab.

Reply 479 of 1968, by code120

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

it doesn't matter, i found the solution. if you updated to 0.64 and the install dir is always Dbgl063 or else, it locks up. I created a new dir Dbgl064 and copied everything in it(rename did'nt work for unknown reasons)