Common searches

DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1520 of 1522, by _Rob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Epsilon wrote on 2020-05-21, 00:32:
I'm having some strange issues with DBGL on Linux, using java 8 (openjdk). First of all, I upgraded from, I think 0.84, or 85 to […]
Show full quote

I'm having some strange issues with DBGL on Linux, using java 8 (openjdk). First of all, I upgraded from, I think 0.84, or 85 to 0.91. But DBGL cannot find any of the data now. It looks for a path that looks like /profiles\profilename and /captures\capturename, instead of /profiles/profilename and /captures/capturename. So none of the profiles work and none of the pictures or screenshots get loaded.
I figured maybe something went wrong so I made a brand new instance to compare. I installed just one game, I tried fetching screenshots and boxart from mobygames, but they don't download properly; pictures become all garbled ie almost completely indistinguishable from the original. But atleast I could setup a game and launch it and it would find the correct path, similarly the correct path to downloaded data from mobygames, eventhough it was completely broken.
Then I tried DBGL 0.91 on Windows 10 VM with the same openjdk version, first of all it loaded all the profiles and captures properly, then I tried fetching screenshots and that too worked as intended. I tried migrating all the profiles on this version and moving them back on Linux, but nothing changed.
Do you have any idea what could be the cause of this?

I think you have run into the same image corruption issue I did a while back. It has been fixed, try the latest beta build.
https://www.squadrablu.nl/dbgl/beta/dbgl092beta6.zip

Reply 1521 of 1522, by Epsilon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
_Rob wrote on 2020-05-21, 08:43:
I'm having some strange issues with DBGL on Linux, using java 8 (openjdk). First of all, I upgraded from, I think 0.84, or 85 to […]
Show full quote

I'm having some strange issues with DBGL on Linux, using java 8 (openjdk). First of all, I upgraded from, I think 0.84, or 85 to 0.91. But DBGL cannot find any of the data now. It looks for a path that looks like /profiles\profilename and /captures\capturename, instead of /profiles/profilename and /captures/capturename. So none of the profiles work and none of the pictures or screenshots get loaded.
I figured maybe something went wrong so I made a brand new instance to compare. I installed just one game, I tried fetching screenshots and boxart from mobygames, but they don't download properly; pictures become all garbled ie almost completely indistinguishable from the original. But atleast I could setup a game and launch it and it would find the correct path, similarly the correct path to downloaded data from mobygames, eventhough it was completely broken.
Then I tried DBGL 0.91 on Windows 10 VM with the same openjdk version, first of all it loaded all the profiles and captures properly, then I tried fetching screenshots and that too worked as intended. I tried migrating all the profiles on this version and moving them back on Linux, but nothing changed.
Do you have any idea what could be the cause of this?

I think you have run into the same image corruption issue I did a while back. It has been fixed, try the latest beta build.
https://www.squadrablu.nl/dbgl/beta/dbgl092beta6.zip

Yeah that fixes the image problem. But not the strange paths.

Reply 1522 of 1522, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Epsilon, can you please try this new build to see if it solves the paths issue you're having? I'm not sure how these paths could have got mixed up as they did, but resolving the problem should not be too complicated.

Neville wrote on 2020-04-30, 17:34:

The new screenshot viewer looks very big in my computer, I don't know if this is intended...

I've now limited the scaling to 300% by default, but if you want to make it smaller, you can configure it in settings.conf, [gui] screenshotsmaxzoompercentage.

Neville wrote on 2020-04-30, 17:34:

Are there any new strings I should translate?

Yes, but more new stuff is in the works, I'll let you know when you can start with the translation:

scandir.png
Filename
scandir.png
File size
156.23 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

All the latest files To upgrade, get dbgl.jar as usual.

Ronald