VOGONS

Common searches

DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 180 of 1968, by XulChris

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, I tried to run the Linux version which is only at 0.50? Anyway, I ran into this error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/chris/dbgl/lib/libswt-pi-gtk-3232.so: /home/chris/dbgl/lib/libswt-pi-gtk-3232.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

I am running 64bit Linux ofcourse.

Any chance of a 0.55 linux update with 64 bit support?

Reply 181 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Re: 0.50 - you should download
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/blankendaalr … load/jar055.zip
and overwite your dbgl.jar.

Re: libswt - I am guessing here, but SWT is some kind of graphics library. I think you need to download (or maybe it is already somewhere on your system - in /usr/java/something??) a 64-bit version of that library. If you are lucky, you can replace the copy in DBGL with the 64-bit version.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 182 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

For those who didn't notice yet, 0.55 was released yesterday. Windows only for the moment, I'll be uploading the Linux package soon. Also new is a special `Starter Edition` which contains DBGL, DOSBox 0.70 and a small amount of nice free DOS oldies!

The new stuff:

* Should fully support DOSBox 0.70!
* Added joystick buttonwrapping support.
* Added support for Java 1.6 (MiniMax)
* Implemented 'Run/Setup with...' right-click pop-up menu to test a game with another DOSBox version without changing its profile.
* Fixed a regression on Linux platforms resulting in an extra nonsense mount command.

Regards,
Ronald

Reply 183 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Thanks Ronald. I will test it soon.

I am getting ready to install Java 6 and the NetBeans IDE. When I am ready I should be able to compile DBGl myself, and then maybe start creating patches for it.

Reply 184 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

2 minor problems with DBGL:

1. The dbgl.bat file.

It is technically not a BAT-file since it uses the multiline if ...... ( ...... ) else ( .... ) construct. This syntax is only available on Windows NT and later.

If DBGL is supposed to work with Win9x / WinME, then should be rewritten to not use CMD-script features. If not, then at least rename it to dbgl.cmd to proper reflect the language used.
  2. It is almost impossible to set up a game from scratch with DBGL.

Before a profile can be saved, one has to define the Main command. But if the game is not yet installed, e.g. if it is still on the CD, then the only workaround is to specify a non-existent EXE/BAT, or (as I use to do) create a dummy BAT-file in the destination directory that simply calls the built-in VER command.
Last edited by MiniMax on 2007-03-05, 10:42. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 185 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@Xulchris: Yes, you should download the 64-bit Linux SWT libraries from http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads … 0/index.php#swt and put the .so files in the dbgl/lib subdirectory. Please let me know if you can get it to work!

DosFreak wrote:

Hmmm, I would like to have the ability to move DBGL to say an external drive or another drive letter.

Yeah, me too 😁
One of the problems is that the captures folder is stored as an absolute path in the game profiles (*.conf). Since that directory is actually a subdir in the dbgl directory, capturing will no longer work when dbgl is relocated. There has to be a solution for this... To make a long story short; I'm definitely looking into this.

DosFreak wrote:

Is there a way to add a custom column? I'd like to sort between Full/Demo/Shareway/Freeware/GPL/etc.

A few custom columns will be added in the upcoming release, more people have been requesting that feature.

Reply 186 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
rcblanke wrote:

One of the problems is that the captures folder is stored as an absolute path in the game profiles (*.conf). Since that directory is actually a subdir in the dbgl directory, capturing will no longer work when dbgl is relocated. There has to be a solution for this... To make a long story short; I'm definitely looking into this.

I think I have a solution for this problem 😀

Reply 187 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MiniMax wrote:

When I am ready I should be able to compile DBGl myself, and then maybe start creating patches for it.

That would be really cool MiniMax, thank you! If you want access to my DBGL SVN server, let me know.

MiniMax wrote:

The dbgl.bat file ... is technically not a BAT-file ...

Oops, didn't know that. I will rename it for the moment. We'll have to come up with a better solution later, though.

MiniMax wrote:

It is almost impossible to set up a game from scratch with DBGL

Yup, personally, I always install a game beforehand without using DBGL. Then once it is installed, I set it up in there.

Do you have a suggestion to provide better support for game installation? Maybe just ignore a missing main.exe if a correct setup.exe is filled in?

Reply 188 of 1968, by XulChris

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
rcblanke wrote:

@Xulchris: Yes, you should download the 64-bit Linux SWT libraries from http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads … 0/index.php#swt and put the .so files in the dbgl/lib subdirectory. Please let me know if you can get it to work!

Okay, my linux distro already comes with 64bit versions of this library, however it is version 3236, and when I try running dbgl I get:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-pi-gtk-3232 in java.library.path

There should be a way to check for a system installed version of this library which is independent of version number.

I also tried downloading the zip file you pointed to, but this also is the 3236 release and did not help.

Reply 189 of 1968, by XulChris

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Okay, I got it working after I unzipped the entire swt zip file into a new lib directory and copied over a couple other files from the old lib directory.

Reply 190 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

XulChris - how many files in lib did you replace? My feeling is that swt.jar is the one that is hardcoded to call the shared library swt-pi-gtk-3232.so. It might be the swing2swt.jar too.

Remove the 3232.so, and copy swt.jar and 3636.so to lib. And if that doesn't help, try replacing swing2swt.jar.

Reply 191 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Nice - but would you mind trying to go back to the original files, and then find the minimum set of files that needs to be updated?

Reply 192 of 1968, by XulChris

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Okay, now I have run into another problem. The frontend expects to find a dosbox.conf file in the same directory as the dosbox executable. In linux this is not how it works. Under Linux the executable is located in /usr/bin (which is not writable by a normal user) and the config file is located in $HOME/.dosboxrc

Reply 193 of 1968, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Would it be possible to add a custom column or two to DBGL? For example, I want a column that mentions whether it's the disk or CD version or a column that shows game size. It shouldn't be too hard?

Reply 194 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
XulChris wrote:

Okay, now I have run into another problem. The frontend expects to find a dosbox.conf file in the same directory as the dosbox executable.

In what situation do you experience this problem?

Reply 195 of 1968, by XulChris

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
MiniMax wrote:
XulChris wrote:

Okay, now I have run into another problem. The frontend expects to find a dosbox.conf file in the same directory as the dosbox executable.

In what situation do you experience this problem?

Click on the DOSBox Versions tab, and select new version. It will not allow me to create a new dosbox version because it complains about a missing /usr/bin/dosbox.conf file.

Reply 196 of 1968, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Ahh! Well, if ordinary users can not write to /usr/bin, who installed /usr/bin/dosbox.exe then?

The /usr/bin/dosbox.conf file is the shared, global DOSBox configuration for your system, and should only be created/modifed by root. It is not an error in the frontend, it is an error in the Linux DOSBox installer. As root, start DOSBox from /usr/bin and do a

Z:\> conf -writeconf dosbox.conf

to create the file.

$HOME/.dosboxrc is your personal config, used to override the settings in the global config.

Reply 197 of 1968, by XulChris

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
MiniMax wrote:
Ahh! Well, if ordinary users can not write to /usr/bin, who installed /usr/bin/dosbox.exe then? […]
Show full quote

Ahh! Well, if ordinary users can not write to /usr/bin, who installed /usr/bin/dosbox.exe then?

The /usr/bin/dosbox.conf file is the shared, global DOSBox configuration for your system, and should only be created/modifed by root. It is not an error in the frontend, it is an error in the Linux DOSBox installer. As root, start DOSBox from /usr/bin and do a

Z:\> conf -writeconf dosbox.conf

to create the file.

$HOME/.dosboxrc is your personal config, used to override the settings in the global config.

Actually, in Linux config files are supposed to go into the /etc/ directory, but qbix has not yet implemented this.

/me slaps qbix around a bit with a large trout.

Reply 199 of 1968, by daisho

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just saw some of the comments for Java 1.6. I have been running DBGL .54 with DB .65 and have had no issues with Java 1.6. The .bat file launches fine.

I did see that insufficient Java version error once after installing Java 1.6 but I ignored it and it went away on its own. I think it was with NetBeans but I'm not sure. I assume it was just a %java_home% environment variable thing that went away after reboot.