VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ryt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

in new version of dosbox i found theat the default core is auto.
how is this diffirent from previous?
when now i play games i get no frame loss, theats great, but instead of 3000 cycles displeyad i see "max", and my cpu usage is more thean 90%.
can theat be bad for cpu?, somewhere i read theat too much cycles can damage cpu.

Reply 2 of 6, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

How hot do your CPU become?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 5 of 6, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ryt wrote:
in new version of dosbox i found theat the default core is auto. how is this diffirent from previous? when now i play games i ge […]
Show full quote

in new version of dosbox i found theat the default core is auto.
how is this diffirent from previous?
when now i play games i get no frame loss, theats great, but instead of 3000 cycles displeyad i see "max", and my cpu usage is more thean 90%.
can theat be bad for cpu?, somewhere i read theat too much cycles can damage cpu.

Then the people who wrote that are idiots. More cycles just makes Dosbox need more CPU power which is no different from running a game that is very demanding. The only way it can damage your CPU would be if you have terrible cooling and the CPU overheats. Even then, your PC should shut off AND it would happen for any other game you play.