VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've written a Spanish guide on DOSBox and DBGL. Not maent as a replacement for the docs, but as a quick how-to for the newbies. It's written in HTML and features two main sections.

Sextion one explains how to set up a game profile using the Windows port of DOSBox and DBGL.

Section two (for more advanced users) explains how to use DOSBox directly and try other stuff, such as installing Windows 3.X.

You can get it here: http://www.savefile.com/files/544621

No major updates are planned, but I may add how to host / start network play in the future.

Last edited by Neville on 2007-07-05, 20:43. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Good work! But, wouldn't be better to call the language Spanish instead of Castilian. I am saying this because I think the RAE (Royal Academy of Language) calls it Spanish, because it's the common language not only for Spain but also for all latin America countries that use it. When you are saying "Castilian" you are referring to the Old Castilia region in historical Spain. 😎

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 6, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, it's written in Castilian Spanish 😁

The reason I've used the word "castellano" (Castilian) is because that's the word we Spaniards use in everyday talking. You won't find many of us who call our own language "Spanish", although I guess Spanish speakers from other countries will prefer it.

Thanks for the kudos 😊 .

Reply 3 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well, I am trying to change my mind lately and trying to get use to call it "Spanish". Thank you for the hard work, by the way. 😎

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 4 of 6, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Should this get a mention in the Guides forum?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 6 of 6, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

New version available, I've labeled as v2.1. Main differences with previous version are on the last section, which explains what to do when having trouble running certain games / applications.

PDF and MHT (HTML) versions available at http://foros.dantoine.org/index.php/topic,11464.0.html