VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by LordAgrevall

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've had this issue with v0.65 and 0.70. Concerning old Sierra point-and-click games, I've found that many times a single mouse click produces two clicks. While being annoying for quick selection of action icons, it occasionally causes a skip in conversations. Does anyone know how to correct this?

Note: I'm not sure if this is game specific, no other game styles that I play right now require a right click to change icons, though Master of Magic doesn't reproduce this double-click effect.

Reply 1 of 3, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This is not a bug. It is by design. It allows you to skip conversations. There is not much that you can do during conversations, anyway. The lack of this design can be very irritating. KQ5 does not have it, and not being able to skip conversations you've already heard is enough to drive you bonkers.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 2 of 3, by Wintermute

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

No, this sounds really like a bug to me. Would be a little bit strange design, that Sierra games automatically enable double click if you only click once. 😉

Maybe it would help if you install an alternative mouse driver, e.g. Cute Mouse?

Reply 3 of 3, by VisitntX

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

No, you should better go to the sierra ftp and download the old patches for the adventure games. That games have problems with some 486 and with some soundblaster 16 too. The mouse bug is quite common, i have it in my 486 but the patch worked fine.