Rank Moderator
Rank

Hmm. Is that INSTALL.BAT empty?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 63 of 91, by Gabriel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I'm from Spain and a Player Manager 2 fan. I bought this game 15 years ago but it's impossible to run under DOSBox (at least for me).

I've done all the changes you've written at this thread without result. I would be very grateful if someone who has made it works could say to me how he has done it.

Thanks in advance.

Reply 64 of 91, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

what is your dosbox version and where have you got it from?
what is your Operating System?
what are your PC specifications?

post content of "DOSBox Status Window" (in Windows: right click on its title bar -> edit)
enclose your dosbox's config file

post your mount lines and what is written under every mount line
post what is written after you type "mount"

Reply 65 of 91, by Sighmohn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, sorry to bring up this old thread, again, but I'm having an issue running this game "player manager 2 extra" using dosbox.

I have the original CD so I've followed the advice within the previous posts and made a bin/cue file of it and the imgmount'd it within dosbox (as opposed to mounting the cdrom). I get to the part where I install the game but then when I type "pm2" to play it dosbox exits almost immediately. There's no error message, it just shuts down.

It could be that the cd version I have is faulty or something? Or I could be using the wrong build of dosbox to run this game?

Is there anyone who has been able to run this game? If so if you could tell me what version of pm2 extra and dosbox you are using or where you can download it from, that would be great.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I used to love playing this game when I was younger!

Reply 66 of 91, by Sighmohn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

...Basically when I go to run the game dosbox closes down. I'm guessing there could be a plethora of issues here! Annoying!

If anyone can help, i'm using a mac os version of dosbox. I'm not sure why the "4" keeps repeating after pressing 4 for installing the game (see screens below)???

Attachments

Reply 67 of 91, by Sighmohn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok so I've managed to get it running up until the title screen. Then it exits with the "cd not found" error...I'm pretty sure everything is correct as per the advice within this entire thread. The only thing that could be wrong is the build of doxbox which I'm using. I'll experiment with different builds however if anyone can recommend one to run this game (either mac or pc) that would be great!

Attachments

Reply 69 of 91, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

The official 0.74 release supports cue sheet mounting on OSX as well.

Maybe you can try the game on a windows PC, both by mounting the CD as well
as by mounting the cue/bin pair as cdrom.

Reply 70 of 91, by Sighmohn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've also tried everything in windows and the result is the same. I've just tried to mount the cdrom normally (using all the different variations) within my windows version of doxbox to install and play but the result was the same.

From reading and taking the advice within the rest of this thread I was under the impression that the problem would be fixed by cue sheet image mounting and an up to date version of dosbox but doesn't seem to work for me!

Any suggests appreciated. Cheers.

Reply 71 of 91, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

ok, that is interesting. I just tried myself with a bin/cue and wasn't able to get it started.
Dosbox 0.74 would report "Exit to error: Illegal descriptor type 0 for int 10"
and SVN does write "terminate called after throwing an instance of 'char*'
Abort trap" to the console

Edit: the CD was checked and there were no audio tracks to list...

Reply 72 of 91, by Sighmohn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

On inspection the original CD which I made the CUE/BIN from does not have any audio tracks. Is it supposed to? Maybe the CD version I have is faulty? If anyone has a working version of player manager 2 extra then let me know!

Cheers.

Reply 73 of 91, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

hmm, can you check whether the original CD got a label?

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 75 of 91, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

what does isobuster on Windows say? But I suspect the same 🙁

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 77 of 91, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

🙁 next to the ISO should be the name if it had any...