VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by etruss

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have an old DOS solitaire game that my wife loves to play called Solsuite. I'm trying to get it running under Vista using DosBox. Everything seems to work fine but I cannot get it to run without being reduced in vertical size so it looks distorted. I've read all the message here that had anything to do with this and I've tried every solution and none of them work. I have an Nvidia 6800GS with the latest vista drivers and a Samsung 930B LCD monitor. I've switched drivers and video cards and nothing helps. Can someone give me a definitive answer on how to fix this?

Reply 6 of 7, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Open up the DOSBox.conf file in the start menu. Open with Notepad. Then search for [SDL]. There you will find fullresolution and windowresolution, set these to the desktop resolution you are at right now. This will force the game into that resolution.

Besides this there are two options left to do:
1. Set Aspect Ratio (Under [render] aspect) to true. This will let DOSBox know the old resolution of the game needs to be stretched propertionally to fit the new resolution of DOSBox. This will result in black bars if the old resolution is not a multiple of the new resolution.

2. Set Aspect to false. This will let DOSBox stretch the image to fit the entire screen of DOSBox. There will be no black bars.

You can always try to set a scaler(also under [render]) so that the game looks better.

Some answers can be found also in the New Faq under this General Forum.

Erik.

Read the new FAQ.doc