VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by brightspark58

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I’m looking for help with a problem. Firstly I’m in no way a computer geek, and I don’t
Use the word geek as an insult. I’m an auto-electrician and I purchased a vehicle interface called uniscan 1.83, for connecting to vehicle ecu’s.

The problems with the interface and application are –

1) They only run under DOS (which is why I’m here)
2) My old laptop only has one serial port and the interface requires two, (I purchased a usb serial adaptor)

Now, after I installed Dosbox, I managed to get the diagnostic software to run.
But could not get the usb serial configured, I assume because it has no interrupt or input output resource settings, like the oem serial port.

I then read on another forum, that if I could find a pcmcia serial adaptor that would run under dos I could get round the problem.

I purchase a dual serial adaptor, which the manufactures Quantech, say supports dos and windows.
But I have not been able as yet to get dosbox to recognize the adaptor, although the adaptor is recognized in device manager, and two serial ports have been allocated positions ports 5&6. The only strange thing about these ports is the resource settings
Which are identical for both serial ports

Interrupt Request 10

Input/output range 1420 –142F

Does any one have any ideas as I’m not sure how dosbox recognizes such an adaptor, or
is it the adaptor configuration?

Thanks

Reply 1 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

You did search these forms for "serial" didn't you?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

You should have spotted that member h-a-l-9-0-0-0 supplies a special build of DOSBox with better serial port support.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions