Topic actions

Reply 480 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

An error has been encountered in accessing this page. […]
Show full quote

An error has been encountered in accessing this page.

1. Server: dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net
2. URL path: /Files/D-Fend-Reloaded-0.6.0RC2.zip
3. Error notes: NONE
4. Error type: 404
5. Request method: GET
6. Request query string: NONE
7. Time: 2008-10-15 20:05:21 UTC (1224101121)

Reporting this problem: The problem you have encountered is with a project web site hosted by SourceForge.net. This issue should be reported to the SourceForge.net-hosted project (not to SourceForge.net).

If this is a severe or recurring/persistent problem, please do one of the following, and provide the error text (numbered 1 through 7, above):

Contact the project via their designated support resources.
Contact the project administrators of this project via email (see the upper right-hand corner of the Project Summary page for their usernames) at user-name@users.sourceforge.net
If you are a member of the project that maintains this web content, please refer to the Site Documentation regarding the project web service for further assistance.

---------------------

The .exe work and also the source, but not the .zip = Of RC2

----------------------------------------------------------------
Sylvain St-Amand

Reply 482 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
In RC2 I found only following issues. Not very difficult, I hope. And thanks again for your enjoyable work.

1. When opening image by internal viewer in data tab 'Invalid class typecast' message is displayed. Viewer is shown, but on scaling picture message is repeated.
2. After entering setup and pressing OK, current game in list is deselected. Screenshots (all capture) panels are cleared, but data tab is left as it was.
3. In wizard on game info page gamename is not passed to search engine.
4. On minimizing to tray with QuickStarter opened, the app is still shown on taskbar. Sorry, maybe this is my fault, but my build had no this effect. Using TrayIcon.Minimize/Restore instead of mainform.Visible:=false/true may help.
5 In GetEditorForInt (CommonTools.pas) when you decide to keep params you lose them while unquoting. Do something like:

{remove leading and trailing "}
If RemoveParameters and (S<>'') and (S[1]='"') then begin
S:=Copy(S,2,MaxInt);
For I:=1 to length(S) do If S[I]='"' then begin S:=Copy(S,1,I-1); break; end;
end;

Reply 483 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

I have D-Fend Reloaded RC2 (strict minimum install), ...
French Language enabled, for the D-Fend Reloaded, interface)
My Laptop, have a "French Canada, qwerty keyboard" = not azerty keyboard.
---------------------
If i run the "dosbox.exe program", that is in the, D-Fend Reloaded sub-directory, = then it have English language and qwerty key code.
---------------------

Then if i use D-Fend Reloaded, and keep the "French language", the key typed code, when i run a game is "azerty key typed code".

(I test to = inside a game profile, and select the keyboard section, and select = default in the combobox. The game will use "azerty key typed code", but if i select [Canada FR] in the combo box, The game will use "qwerty key code".)

See files included, ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seem than the programmor(s), of D-Fend Reloaded, can made in the language selector, = "French Canadian" language.

The "French Canadian" language option, must have =

1) Keep the French traduction of, the D-Fend Reloaded interface.

2) By default, the keyboard in default profile = "Canada (FR)".

3) At creation of a profile, it have the keyboard = "Canada (FR)".

4) Add global keyboard selector, inside D-Fend Reloaded option section.

----
I dont see global keyboard selector (language and type )
---

Sylvain St-Amand

Last edited by sst on 2008-10-16, 23:24. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 485 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

Alexander = Please keep this message, ...
------------------------------------------------

I have made for D-Fend Reloaded,

The French Canada traduction = La traduction Français Canada.
---

It have French traduction, and the page code = "437", and the default keyboard = "FR (CA)".

Please add to the language directory.

Sylvain St-Amand

Attachments

• Filename
    French Canada.ini
    File size
    79.08 KiB
    Downloads
    235 downloads
    File comment
    French Canada traduction, please add to the language directory.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by sst on 2008-10-16, 23:41. Edited 4 times in total.

Reply 487 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some little status update (hopefully the last for the development of 0.6.0 ):
The bugs reported by skatz are fixed, the French Canadian language file by sst is added (thank you). Additionally the Polish language file has been updated and some other issues are fixed (see the changelog on the beta download page).
I'm just finishing some last little things. If there will be no new bugs til monday. 0.6.0 will be out by monday.

Have a nice weekend
Alexander

Reply 488 of 2280, by Digerati

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just found and started using D-Fend Reloaded about an hour ago, and I am really liking it! Much better then using DOSBoxPortable. I havent read the known bugs on the site, but not this entire topic, but I might have spotted a bug: every time I reopen the program my screenshots are all blank. I have to change the view to something else and then back to screenshots to refresh. I am using 0.6 RC2.

BTW I'd like to suggest having the screenshots fill the window rather then being restricted to 3 columns. And have the screenshots shown at 100% zoom.

Greets!

Reply 489 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

For the French Canada translation.

It have French traduction, and the page code = "437", and the default keyboard = "FR (CA)".

-------------
Please = For the French Canada translation.

1) Text is the same than, French language.

2) Only the keyboard is qwerty = "CF". Instead of the French translation = "FR".

3) Page code keep the "default" = by default D-Fend reloaded keep 858.
------------
I have seem to found a bug =

It seem that if i enter, the page code 437, in a profile when i select CF, for the keyboard. It keep the default 858, without display error = it even dont have 858, that i cant choose in the D-Fend Reloaded profile page code.

--

--

Sylvain St-Amand

Reply 490 of 2280, by Lord_Rius

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I'm testing all available CVS of DOSBox testing the most fastest, but ykhwong cvs don't work with Defend why? it works independently but with Defend no?
Is compatible the CVS of ykhwong with DOSBox?
What CVS of DOSBox is the fastest in fps?

Reply 491 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi Digerati,

when you start DFR, no profile is selected and so no screenshots are visible. As soon as a profile is selected the corresponding screenshots are shown (at least on my system). But anyway I've changed the behavior of DFR to always select the first profile on start up.

The screenshot viewer is using the available window width, but it is only changing the number of columns on game selection. I have changed this to OnResize, so the number of columns is dynamically changed on resize of the window.

Showing screenshots at 100% size is to large for most Windows screen resolutions - at least if you also want to see your games list. But you can setup the size of the screenshot preview images in the setup dialog (page: "Appearance of the screenshot, sound and video file preview").

Hi sst,

I've already changed the "French Canada.ini" from your PM. Now everything is working, thank you.

Hi Lord_Rius,

all newer DOSBox versions should be usable with D-Fend Reloaded. But there is a bug in version 0.5.0: The path of the default DOSBox installation is reset to the default path ("<DFR program path>\DOSBox") on each start up. All other DOSBox installations won't be changed. So if you have changed the path of the default DOSBox installation to the path of your ykhwong version, DFR will change it back on each start up and so only start the default installation. If this is your problem, add a second DOSBox installation in the setup dialog and set its path to the ykhwong build or wait for 0.6.0 where this problem will be fixed. If you have got some other problem with CVS builds and D-Fend Reloaded I would need some more information than "ykhwong cvs don't work with Defend".

Reply 492 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi! One very small issue: when I select game list style other than report, it is not restored after DFR restart. It only happens when I use 'restore window size on program start' mode and window is not maximized.
And when I select icons/screenshot style columns number is not changed on window resize/maximize. If I change slection in main tree - list columns may be recounted if list content is changed (i.e. changing from al games to all genres does not work, but changing from all games to favorites does).

Reply 493 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi skatz,

the second problem is fixed. The first problem is a bit more complex: On my system the viewstyle is restored correctly in 'restore window size on program start' mode but in icon/screenshot viewmode sometimes the icons/screenstots are missing. This happens becuase the InitViewStyle is called from FormCreate. Now its called from FormShow. I think this problem is similar to the handle not created problem on AcceptFiles. So this should hopefully fix the problem for you.

I won't make a third release candidate. As long as nobody has any real show stopper til tomorrow, I'm going to release D-Fend Reloaded 0.6.0 tomorrow.

Reply 494 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everybody,

I have just released D-Fend Reloaded 0.6.0. You can get it as usual via the download page or via the internal updater (Help|Search for updates). There are many new features and even more fixed bugs in this release (for a complete list see the changelog page).

Because I will have very little time until end of the year, there will be no further big releases this year (perhaps a first beta of 0.7 in December and than the final release of 0.7 in January). But feature wishes are already welcome from now on.

For those who helped me testing and translating D-Fend Reloaded there is a little present on the bottom of the beta download page.

Have fun with the new version.
Alexander

Reply 497 of 2280, by oolie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Alexander!

Yesterday, before I could find any info about 'a little present' on DFR beta download page I found few untranslated strings in DFR so I started looking why they are there:-)

Big thanks to You, Alexander, for the great work!

Attachments

• Filename
    Polish.ini
    File size
    71.44 KiB
    Downloads
    472 downloads
    File comment
    DFR 0.6.0 Polish translation file with 'a-little-present' translated strings for those who want it:-D
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 498 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thank you very much.

But I have also some unpleasant news: I have already found some bugs in 0.6.0. Especially the first one is very annoying. Because 0.7.0 won't be out before beginning of next year, I'm thinking of making a 0.6.1 release (only bug fixes, no new features, no need to translate anything). The three known bug are already fixed in my development version.

Because I'm already working on the 0.7.0 features and also changing the language files, please do not update your language files now. Just relax and wait for the string freeze in beta 2. (@oolie: Your updated language file reached me before I've started working on the next things, so merging this file to my development version was no problem.)

Reply 499 of 2280, by Captain Amazing

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Alexander!

Downloading and installing 0.6.0 as we speak, and I would like to thank you for this awesome application. It's the perfect companion for DOSBox. Keep up the good work!

Thanks.