D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1220 of 2280, by curieux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Alexander !

Thanks for this new version.

I am translating the missing sentences in french, but I already have two remarks:

1. The accentuated caracters are not displayed correctly in the DOSBox language file editor. All non-english caracters are replaced by this one:

2. In my humble opinion, this sentence:
"The dropdown list will show the names of the games for that files matching to the saved games file masks are found in the given game"
is very long and not really (and easily) understandable.

I suggest to cut this kind of sentences in more understandable parts.
.. At least in the future. 😉

Ok, I go on my translation.

Bye

Reply 1221 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some short answer before I'm going offline until next week:

• Old screenshot for default profile: Known, of course will be fixed.
  • Double task bar entries: This happens if a Delphi program is no reacting on Windows events fast enough (for example copying a large file and not checking the event queue during this time. (The Delphi IDE has the same problem during start up some times.) If I know exactly during which operation this is happening I can try to improve the situation. (Most likely during first start. For this case I have already done some optimization - but perhaps not enough.)
  • 2B+2C+download fails: I will check this.
  • Skatz 1-4: Also on my todo. And of course new DOSBox language file will be included, too.
  • curieux 1: This is a bit tricky. I don't have a real solution for this yet. It's due to the DOS<->Windows charset conversion. I don't know if I can fix this for all situations.
  • curieux 2: I will look at this the next days.

Also I have found out, I have missed to add the improved German DOSBox language file to the installer. (At the moment it's also not completely 0.74 save. When it's completely done, I will also post it to the www.dosbox.com download page.)

Reply 1222 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
More points:
1. Game list filtering (through search field): 'and' and 'or' operators work well enough, but I cannot make 'not' to work. Maybe it's only me. Please, give some examples.
2. When you dropdown a menu (from main menu or popup menu) and press F1 (mouse cursor should be over opened menu) you get WinHlp message (like 'Cannnot found file English.hlp') even if you have specified .chm file and it exists. Maybe do not reroute help search to .hlp file if it doesn't exists.

Reply 1223 of 2280, by whocrazy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello there. I would like to download d-fend reloaded, minus dosbox. I already have dosbox on my machine, so is it possible to make a version of d-fend for those who already have dosbox 0.74 installed?
or can I download the full package and choose to only install d-fend?
Thanks.

Reply 1224 of 2280, by whocrazy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, I decided to take the plunge and install the latest d-fend reloaded beta.
At the moment I'm working on fixing up a few problems with the english language file.
One thing I've noticed is that you've spelt "could" wrongly in a few places. For example CoundNotDrive.Open=Could not open drive %s for direct reading.
The spelling mistake is in The first part of the string which signifies what is to be translated, so I'm not sure if it would be ok to correct the spelling because it might cause DFR to fall over.
Also, when using the arrow keys to run up and down each language string in the language editor, you can't use the ctrl-left or ctrl-right arrow to go over each word, like you can in most text editors.
I think it would be a good idea for The language editor to word wrap too.
Thanks for a great front end, I really like it, I find it really helpful to make a profile, then look at the .conf file in notepad to find out what's been done.
Thanks again.

Reply 1225 of 2280, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Althought it would be a good idea to offer a D-Fend Reloaded download w/o Included DOSBox, you can install D-Fend Reloaded only yet.

Klimawandel.

Reply 1226 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
Next issues:
1. MobyGames Data reader without internet connection:
a. There are another occurrences of LoadConfig() in TDataReaderLoadConfigThread.Execute (if it fails – FSuccess variable should be false) .
b. In TUpdateCheckForm.UpdateDataReader when you set status by DataReaderDownloadError it has '%s' instead of URL name.
2. Installation from CD images: when you choose to copy CD images to game folder and you have multiple images – all images are copied over first one.
3. Image-based profile creation: when you display Confirmation.ExtraDirectoryNotInGamesDirectory message you show games folder name instead of extra folder.
4. Editing cheats: all delete buttons (for game, action and step) show message box with only Ok button instead of Yes/No pair.
t question
5. Ini file: in section [EditCheats] line ActionStep.Internal is duplicated. As I understand first occurrence is for combo box list, and second is for label.
6. Internal cheat for Dark Side of Xeen: it does not store Y coordinate
7. Applying cheats: when you search for appropriate save files for cheat record you use FindFirst method which is case insensitive, but when you try to apply cheat you check file by your own function FileMatchingMask which is sensitive. So if you have mask *.SAV, file like data.sav is listed, but cheat does not apply to it.

Reply 1227 of 2280, by hakanates

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Alexander,
I translate the new words in program and installer
file added.

Attachments

• Filename
    Turkishb2.rar
    File size
    35.33 KiB
    Downloads
    322 downloads
    File comment
    trb2
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1228 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
I've finished Russian translation. See file attached.

And next portion of bugs/questions:

1..Searching for cheat address:
a. On start page text for 'delete search data' button is not translated. I've added translated text for it as ' Start.DeleteButton' in section [SearchAddress]. Decide yourself to use it or not.
b. Value input field on second page has English hint text (about decimal and hexadecimal values). Proper text from 'HexInfo' line is not used.
c. In TAddressSearcher.SearchAddressInList you increment index (I) before you use value on it (in all three occurrences). So on last item we have 'out of bounds' error.
d. In TAddressSearcher.GetList you skip duplicated addresses before displaying address list, but when you pass selected line to cheat editor you use visible item index for index in full list. So you may show wrong data in cheat editor.

2. Editing cheat database:
All Delete buttons (games, actions and steps) have 'list index' error.

3. DBGL Import:
In ShowZipPackageDBGLDialog please insert ZipPackageDBGLForm.TitleEdit.HandleNeeded and ZipPackageDBGLForm.AuthorEdit.HandleNeeded before filling their texts. (Reason: if you have text starting with letter of code $FF (which is valid Russian letter in Windows) VCL does something wrong with DFM created. With valid handle all goes well. As these texts come from external package, I cannot handle them in my translation.)

4.DOSBox language editor:
a. Field for new language shroud be initially blank (now it has technical default)
b. Extension .lng is not added to new file
c. New file is saved in language folder instead of DOSBox's
5. Installing from CD image:
If you choose to copy images to program folder, only .CUE part of CUE/BIN (CUE/IMG) pair is copied.

Attachments

• Filename
    dfr10b2_rus.zip
    File size
    41.21 KiB
    Downloads
    325 downloads
    File license

Reply 1229 of 2280, by hakanates

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Alexander,
There was a deformity in Turkish Dosbox. I have repaired

2z6s3yb.gif

Attachments

• Filename
    Tr_DOSBox.rar
    File size
    8.46 KiB
    Downloads
    325 downloads
    File comment
    Dosbox tr language
    File license

Reply 1230 of 2280, by skatz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, Alexander!
At first, about new DOSBox language file location (i.e. my last 4c item) - I was wrong, it is not an error.

And one more issue:
In main menu we have 'Open DOSBox configuration file' item. For 0.73 and 0.74 it opens
file form user profile folder. But when you run DOSBox through next menu item it uses file dosbox.conf from DOSBox program folder. So file we can edit is never used.
Possible solutions: use parameter "-userconf" for 0.74 and more or explicit "-c conffile" in 0.73
Or you may try to open dosbox.conf first, before user profile file.
Or simply remove dosbox.conf from DOSBox folder.

Reply 1231 of 2280, by hakanates

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Alexander,

"usescancodes" is using in DOSBox "usecancodes" is using in D-Fend Reloaded.
There aren't "s" in your prof files.
Is this a problem ?

Reply 1232 of 2280, by curieux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Alexander

This is the translation in french for 1.0b2.

Unfortunately, the translation Zip file found on DFR web site did not contain this file:
D-Fend-Reloaded-Setup-Lang-French.nsi

Can you let it here, so I can update this translation also, please ?

Thank you

Attachments

• Filename
    translation_fr_chris2010-05-23_18.05.02.zip
    File size
    37.62 KiB
    Downloads
    300 downloads
    File comment
    Updated translation in French for version 1.0b2.
    "D-Fend-Reloaded-Setup-Lang-French.nsi" missing.
    File license

Reply 1233 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm back and I have started working on this big heap of bug reports. Current status:

• Changelog since 1.0b2: Beta download page
  • Download error and DOSBox language editor: Still on my todo.
  • All forum post beginning with skatz from 2010-5-19 @ 06:40 pm: Still on my todo.
  • 11 mails from Massimo (creator of the Italian translation): Still not read.

Reply 1234 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi whocrazy,

I already create 6 different package types per D-Fend Reloaded version. A zip version to be used as a portable version without installation, a PortableApps version, an update installer etc. Creating more different packages only increases the risk of making a mistake (and means more work for me). If you want to install D-Fend Reloaded without DOSBox, just turn off the DOSBox component during installation. (Leaving out DOSBox would decrease the size of the main installer package by less than 2MB, so it's not really needed for having a smaller installer package.) If you have installed D-Fend Reloaded without DOSBox it will search for an existing DOSBox installation on first run and let the user select the DOSBox installation to be used on first run. (Of course you can change this at any time later in the setup dialog.)

Wrong language keys ("CoundNotDrive"): I will change this in the program and simultaneously in all language files as soon as I have them all together. (Changing only one of them would break the language system.)

The table in the language editor is a control from the runtime library. Either I use it the way it is or I have to write a completely new one. The default table control does not support Ctrl+left/right and word wrap. That's it.

(Mails by Massimo: done, usescancodes: fixed. Rest: next days.)

Reply 1235 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm very busy at the moment but I've already fixed many more bugs, see
beta page.

@hakanates: Thank you very much for your translations (program+installer+DOSBox).

Next things on my todo:

• Improve DOSBox language editor
  • 5, 6 and 7 from skatz / 2010-5-19 / 06:40 pm
  • skatz / 2010-5-20 / 06:12 pm
  • skatz / 2010-5-21 / 11:40 am

@curieux: Thank you very much for your translation, I will add it the next days.
Sorry, I must have missed your installer file, here it is.

Attachments

Reply 1236 of 2280, by curieux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Alexander

Here is the translated file.

Greetings

Attachments

Reply 1237 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everybody,

I have worked very hard on D-Fend Reloaded this weekend. Most of the bugs reported here are fixed now (see changelog). Only the buggy internal cheat for Dark Side of Xeen is still on my todo. BTW: This bug it at least 13 years old. The whole cheats data base (list of addresses and binary cheats) comes from a program I have written between 1995 and 1998 in DOS Pascal. The file the binary cheat comes from is named PATCHINT.PAS and has a file date of 1997, so this bug is at least 13 years old.

@skatz: Thank you very much for your updated language file. I will also add a Start.DeleteButton key to all language files silently. In 1.1 this will become an official new string. Additionally I will change the second "ActionStep.Internal" key to "ActionStep.Internal.Nr" in all language files.

@curieux: Thank you for your installer language file. Now the French translation is complete.

Besides the last bug to be fixed only this translations are missing for DFR 1.0: Czech, Polish, Portuguese-BR, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese

Reply 1238 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.0 Beta 2", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inside DFend.ini = "captures folder" not follow portable format.

Also, "captures folder" keep the letter K: even on a Y: drive

DFend.ini

[dosbox]
memsize=16
captures=K:\Emulateurs\DOS Emulateurs\D-FendReloadedPortable\App\Capture\
DOSBoxDirectory=default
machine=svga_s3
---
Also, ... = I will try a complete re-install, of D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.0 Beta 2", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".
---

Reply 1239 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.0 Beta 2", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since DOSBox 0.74,

sbtype: Type de Soundblaster à émuler. gb est pour Gameblaster
# Valeurs possibles: sb1, sb2, sbpro1, sbpro2, sb16, gb, none.

Please add Soundblaster Gameblaster, inside D-Fend Reloaded "SoundCards section and options.

= sb1, sb2, sbpro1, sbpro2, sb16, gb, none.

---