Common searches

D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1260 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.0 Release Candidate 2", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".

About license DosBox display nothing.

See screenshot, ...

Attachments

• Filename
    AboutLicenseDosBoxDisplayNothing.jpg
    File size
    36.9 KiB
    Downloads
    204 downloads
    File comment
    About license DosBox display nothing.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1261 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.0 Release Candidate 2", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package".

I just see that you keep DosBox CVS configuration checkbox all disabled by default, but this is DosBox v0.74 final release, the v0.74 CVS build is included inside v0.74 final release.

Did you will make that v1.0 Final release, will keep DosBox CVS, option all disabled by default ?

You can made some CVS feature enabled by default or set all to enabled.

See screenshot, ...

Attachments

• Filename
    DosBoxCVSSection.jpg
    File size
    209.51 KiB
    Downloads
    212 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1262 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

Are you able to include the "6.22" value for DOSBox Reported DOS version ?

it have for the moment = 6.20 , 6.0 , 5.0 , 4.0 , 3.3

Reply 1264 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ... Alexander

but this is DosBox v0.74 final release, the v0.74 CVS build is included inside v0.74 final release.

I use your = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.0 Release Candidate 2", D-Fend Reloaded PortableApps package". […]
Show full quote

I just see that you keep DosBox CVS configuration checkbox all disabled by default, but this is DosBox v0.74 final release, the v0.74 CVS build is included inside v0.74 final release.

Did you will make that v1.0 Final release, will keep DosBox CVS, option all disabled by default ?

You can made some CVS feature enabled by default or set all to enabled.

See screenshot, ...

Respond =

In clear =

The final DOSBox v0.74, include changes that came before the final v0.74.

Then, why inside "D-Fend Reloaded v1.0 Release Candidate 2", i have to go to CVS section, to select some options that are in the DOSBox final v0.74.

Reply 1266 of 2280, by wilheha

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Before installing D-Fend reloaded, I would like to know two things:
1 - I need to run a DOS application which is not a game, e.g. paradox 4.5 DOS. Is that possible or is the application only for games?
2 - My application has to read from and write to several folders on my HDD. Is it possible to configure this correctly?
N.B. all this worked fine under Windows XP, bot I had to upgrade to Windows 7 64-bit.
Regards and thanks for answering,
Hans

Reply 1267 of 2280, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

1) DOSBox (and therefore DFR) will run any DOS application, no matter wheter it is a game or not. However, its purpose is to run games, and you're more likely to run into a bug or an unsupported option running applications than games.

This said, most DOS applications I've tried work fine. You can even install and run Windows 3.1 and a lot of Windows software works fine.

2) Yes, if you set up the folders using the "mount" options. In short, DOSBox uses a Windows folder of your choice as "C:\" Inside you can create any additional folders the program may need.

Reply 1268 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

As wd already said: The setup options which can be activated on this page are not useable with a regular DOSBox 0.74 build. Perhaps we should find some new name for this in the future; perhaps "DOSBox special build features".

All other problems: Fixed.

Planned release date for 1.0final: Friday.

Reply 1270 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This line comes from the autoexec section of the default profile. It's not a DFR program language string and therefore is not listed in the program language files.

Reply 1271 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

D-Fend Reloaded 1.0 is out

About two and a half year after first announcing D-Fend Reloaded here and about three years after starting to work on it we have reached version 1.0. You can get the full and update installers here:

Of course you can also update your existing D-Fend Reloaded installations via the built-in updater (Help|Search for updates). More download options (PortableApps package, zip file, source, ...) can be found on the download page.

By now there have been over 400,000 downloads of D-Fend Reloaded from Sourceforge. Let's see when we will reach half a million.

Now I will just enjoy this sunny weekend before looking at any bug reports (that will probably arrive) and thinking of features for 1.1. Currently I haven't got any bigger ideas for version 1.1 but I'm sure we will find some still missing things.

For the moment: Have fun with the new version.

Reply 1273 of 2280, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
rcblanke wrote:

Excellent, great work Alexander! Congratulations with the release, and thanks for the DBGL gamepack support!

I also may have to think about. 😉

Klimawandel.

Reply 1275 of 2280, by Anonymous MOS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes! Thanks Alexander, for all of your hard work. You've done GREAT things! Congratulations!

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Windows 11 Home, 64-bit

Reply 1276 of 2280, by Xian97

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks Alexander. I just recently started using D-Fend Reloaded a month ago. I had always did individual configs and started them with dosbox -conf previously, but decided to give your front end a try. I liked it a lot and got all of my DOS games set up to use it now. It's obvious that a lot of time and effort went into creating it and I wanted to let you know that I appreciate your work on it.

Reply 1278 of 2280, by Schloss Ritter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Doh, I'm still getting DFend.exe crashing when I try to run it, even after totally removing older version and a full install of 1.0. I still get the same error message from Windows XP (the very helpful "DFend.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."). I could send you the fully detailed error report if it will help.

Reply 1279 of 2280, by Paar

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi! I have this problem - when I use D-fend Reloaded 1.0 with some game and it goes fullscreen, after exiting my Wi-Fi is not working. I have to restart the computer... Sorry for shallow description but I don't know details. Could be this problem of D-Fend or Dosbox?