Common searches

D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1500 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

I use = D-Fend Reloaded, "1.1.0", Portable structure.

1) Did it's my font or a bug. (it's not real chinese displayed, because of "¼" = see file included.

2) Please add at "first installation | first setup" , a checkbox to select = Start Maximised ?

3) About | Program Info | Info, (in English translation inside your software) "written by"

Please look, if it need to be "Written by : " ?

4) When already in English, why you show "Non English Translation section" with text inside ? ("Genre" is empty, "Language" is empty, "License" contain 4 texts line, ...) see file included.

Attachments

• DidItsMyFont OrABug.jpg
    Filename
    DidItsMyFont OrABug.jpg
    File size
    103.18 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Did it's my font or a bug.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    WhenInEnglishWhyYouShowNonEnglishTranslation.jpg
    File size
    128.41 KiB
    Downloads
    161 downloads
    File comment
    When already in English, why you show "Non English Translation section" ?
    File license

Reply 1501 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

5) Invalid Symbol displayed = "&" it's when i place the mouse cursor, on the delete button. = see file included.

6) Show untranslated entries from, English to English = ? see file included.

7) Inside "Open language editor", see file included = NeedMoreTextsSpace.jpg.

Attachments

• Filename
    InvalidSymbolDisplayed.jpg
    File size
    120.96 KiB
    Downloads
    148 downloads
    File comment
    Invalid Symbol displayed = "&".
    File license
  • ShowUntranslatedEntriesFromEnglishToEnglish.jpg
    Filename
    ShowUntranslatedEntriesFromEnglishToEnglish.jpg
    File size
    133.73 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Show untranslated entries from, English to English.
    File license
  • NeedMoreTextsSpace.jpg
    Filename
    NeedMoreTextsSpace.jpg
    File size
    25.41 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Need more texts space.
    File license

Reply 1502 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

8 ) The French Canada translation, is not perfect.
See my updated translation file included.

9 ) English translation
AutomaticConfiguration.ArchiveIDFiles=Description files for the content of archive filesw.
Is it normal the word = "filesw" ?

Attachments

• Filename
    French Canada.ini
    File size
    134.35 KiB
    Downloads
    207 downloads
    File comment
    French Canada translation 2011-7-8
    File license

Reply 1503 of 2280, by Schloss Ritter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, Alexander. You might not remember, but I posted a few times last fall because D-Fend Reloaded kept crashing every time I tried to load it. It wouldn't even get as far as writing anything to D-Fend-Reloaded-Log.txt on my Desktop. I hadn't tried again since your 1.0.1 RC2; however, something strange just happened. I was moving stuff around on the Desktop and accidentally dragged and dropped the .txt file onto the shortcut for D-Fend Reloaded. It somehow finally made Reloaded startup normally. It's almost like i had to tell it where the log was before it would work. Or maybe it's just randomly decided to stop glitching, like it randomly seemed to break in the first place... (the log seems normal now)

Reply 1504 of 2280, by Firefairy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@Alexander: Will there be a subversion/beta release anytime soon with the ScummVM compatibility fix, or is that going to wait until the next full release?

Just wondering if it is worthwhile to keep an eye out, or if I should table those games for the moment and do something else. 😀

Reply 1505 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

I use = D-Fend Reloaded, "v1.1.0", Portable structure.

@Alexander

10 ) Did DosBox Svn build, from http://ykhwong.x-y.net/, is safe to use, inside D-Fend Reloaded v1.1.0 ?

11) Did you can add some new downloadable packages on your download website = "free/demo" " free/demo games package(s)" and/or "free/demo software package(s) " ?

Reply 1506 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

Windows 7 x64 SP1 8 Gig. Ram

@Alexander

12 ) It have made inside D-Fend Reloaded v1.1.0 and olders versions, that one or two taskbar icon(s) of D-Fend Reloaded is displayed. Sometime is displayed, with one icon then sometime 2 icons, but one D-Fend Reloaded software loaded. It not made that at each use, of D-Fend Reloaded.

Reply 1507 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

@Alexander

13 ) Two times that "Language" is displayed, without the same sub-menu See file included.

Attachments

Reply 1508 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@sst:
1. DRF is not unicode so Chinese characters won't be displayed correctly on a Non-Chinese system. (To make DFR unicode compatible I would need to buy a new Delphi release and I'm not planning to do this at the moment.)
2. The "Start maximized" setup option probably is used by only a few people. It's definitively less important than selecting the program language etc. so I won't add this option to the first run wizard.
3. What else do you want there instead of "written by"?
4. Because the English translation is just a translation as any other. There is no internal magic to differentiate between the English and any other translation. But I can add some code to hide this if "English" is selected.
5. Fixed.
6. DFR cannot know if an entry is already translated or not. So it's assuming "untranslated" if the current translation matches the English translation. In case of the language file English.ini all lines should match the English default translation. So what do you want me to do here?
7. Fixed.
8. Thank you very much, just added the file.
9. Fixed.
10. Don't know. I haven't tested DFR with ykhwong's builds for a while. DFR is intended to also work with special DOSBox builds, but I cannot guarantee this.
11. At the moment I'm using Sourceforge to host the freeware/shareware example package for DFR. But I think Sourceforge is not the right place to store a larger amount of free games. I have made a package list containing most of the games from www.classicdosgames.com (freeware and shareware, too, not abandonded ware). But the makers of classicdosgames.com do not want me to add this list to the DFR package manager. (They say it's stealing their bandwidth and this is not completely wrong.) So the other option would be renting a web server to host games myself. This cost money and (even more important) my last bit of free time. If I ever want to get DFR 1.2 done, I can't additionally run a site hosting games, too.
12. This is a general problem of programs written in Delphi (also of the Delphi IDE itself). It happens if Windows is sending a message to the program window during program start up and the program is not responding fast enough. I have tried to make the DFR program window faster responding, but I cannot solve this completely.
13. Already fixed.

@Schloss Ritter:
Still a strange problem and still I don't know the cause.

@Firefairy:
I will make a beta1 release as soon as I have worked through sst's remarks and added the non-modal image viewer option.

Reply 1510 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

@Alexander

14 ) I have found a not setting changed in all profiles, inside "Edit multiple Profiles | Graphics | VideoRAM (in KB)". I try 8192 16384 512 2048, ...

P.S. i have added in the "Program options | Profile Editor | Default Value" menu, VideoRAM (in KB) = 16384.

Reply 1513 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

@Alexander

Please update 7za.dll x32, in your D-Fend Reloaded package, ...
See file included, ...

Your version = 2006-5-14 v4.42
New final version = 2010-11-28 v9.20

Attachments

• Filename
    7za.zip
    File size
    136.17 KiB
    Downloads
    198 downloads
    File comment
    [7za.dll] New final version = 2010-11-28 v9.20
    File license

Reply 1514 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

Addon files to update files, ... of D-Fend Reloaded Portable structure.

Please only add inside v1.1.0 on older version (D-Fend Reloaded Portable Apps structure.).

If you are not sure to how update files, please wait the beta version "v1.2b1"of, Alexander.

---
P.S. It's only update some files =

7za.dll x32
help.html (Inside the root directory, and in the Other section.)
Readme.txt
Some Icons
---

Just unzip, ... there is no install in my "D-FendReloadedPortableAddon.zip" file.

Attachments

• Filename
    D-FendReloadedPortableAddon.zip
    File size
    292.51 KiB
    Downloads
    212 downloads
    File comment
    Addon files to update files, ... of D-Fend Reloaded Portable structure.
    Please only add inside v1.1.0 or older version.
    File license

Reply 1516 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

@Alexander

I will made the root file, "help.html" in French, ... i will begin the translation, in some minutes, ... or soon.

Please add it to = v1.2b2 or after, ...

Reply 1517 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've been a bit faster than I thought, DFR 1.2b1 is ready for download now.

Last edited by Alexander on 2011-07-24, 21:02. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1519 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, ...

Addon 2) Language update files, ... of D-Fend Reloaded Portable structure.

If you are not sure to how update files, please wait the beta version "v1.2b2"of, Alexander.

---
P.S. It's only update and add some files =

help.html (Inside the root directory, and in the Other section.)
help_fr.html (Inside the root directory, and in the Other section.)
Flags languages logo.
Readme & Lisezmoi
---

Just unzip, ... there is no install in my "D-FendReloadedPortableAddonLanguage.zip" file.

Attachments