VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by kicker04

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for your help! But now I got another problem: I have to change the cd but my mac does't give the cd free to eject. The system always says that the cd is currently used by an application and can't be ejected. I know that I have to hit alt+f4 after swapping the disk. What can I do? Any mac cracks here?

Sorry to bother you again...

Reply 1 of 12, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Kicker - I have put your question into a new thread. Gives you a better chance of having someone who know Mac's see it, and answer you.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 12, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Perhaps the easiest solution is to make images of your CD's, use the imgmount command, and just swap away using CTRL-F4.

Reply 3 of 12, by kicker04

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

How can I mount the images in dosbox? Shall I then mount all the images before starting the game? Maybe I got the same problems unmounting an image which is still in usage by an application.

Reply 4 of 12, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Maybe I got the same problems unmounting an image which is still in usage by an application.

Unlikely, just don't open it in write-mode with some editor or so.

See the readme about imgmount.

Reply 5 of 12, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

See line 567 in the README

You would mount all the images on a single D-drive:

imgmount D "/path/to/image1.iso" "/path/to/image2.iso" "/path/to/image3.iso" -t iso

Reply 7 of 12, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

What??

Reply 8 of 12, by kicker04

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The mounted images are all named "volume_id". All six of them got this name according to all 6 cds of Gabriel Knight 2. Is that a problem for dosbox? The iso files itself got different names like GKcd1.iso, GKcd2.iso and so on.

Reply 9 of 12, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

just mount the iso files directly in dosbox.
then you don't need to worry about a label at all

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 10 of 12, by kicker04

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, I mounted the images in one single D drive just like MiniMax said:

imgmount D "/volume_id1.iso" "/volume_id2.iso" -t iso

It worked. The game is playable with the image. But I still got the problem with swapping the cd during the game. The message "Please insert CD #2 then press <ENTER>" appears. Now I don't know what to do. If I press alt+f4 nothing happens. If I just press Enter, the message disappears for about a second and appears again. Someone got a clue?

Reply 11 of 12, by darkgamorck

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Using the default keymap settings on my Macbook Pro, it looks like the appropriate key combination is CTRL-F4. Of course you may need to use the fn key as well depending upon your keyboard and settings within OS X.