VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Vhati

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Anyone know of sites that host longplay videos?
(recording of an entire game at a normal pace)

I'm only aware of two, which grew around specific emulators.
Recorded Amiga Games (Many dos classics were ported to/from Amiga)
C64-Longplays aka C64 Game Video Archive

Figured there'd be a community like these for DOSBox.
I suppose Classic Combat Flight Sims might become a really specific one if such videos were submitted.

There are 'play-through' videos scattered on youtube in 10 minute chunks. But they're so disorganized.

Reply 3 of 3, by Vhati

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dandu386 wrote:

Hey. Ive got Dosbox and great video making/editing software--can you guys make some requests?

Remember it's skill and thorough knowledge of a game that makes good longplays. Even modest free editing software like VirtualDub can do the job. You've got to be able to play in your sleep, catching all the interesting bits, and avoiding aimless wandering.

That said...

The Last Express - I'd love to see several passes of that, covering parts that get missed in one sitting.

Life and Death 1 and 2 - I did a perfect recording of an appendectomy once... sooo many tries... These would be a fairly short montage of the standard prodding, failed operations, lectures, and successful surgeries. Incidentally, there's a rare macintosh port of 1 with a more colorful cartoony look, in case diehard fans notice this thread.

wd wrote:

Yes there are a good lot of games on youtube played/recorded with dosbox.
Maybe creating some channel-thing or what they have there?

Or perhaps two dedicated sticky threads here? One for requests, and one that catalogs known vids from various tube sites?
Or another public subforum even?

Of course ideally such an index should get its own dedicated site like those above. Even better would be if it could host files on its own in the native dosbox codec with no loss of detail.