VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by pepemorph

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Moderator: Split from this thread.

hi my name is pepemorph and can you guys please tell me plain and simple how to play fix the error message: SDL_Init: Starting up with SDL windib video driver.
Try to update your video card and directx drivers!
CONFIG:Loading primary settings from config file dosbox.conf
MIDI:Opened device:win32
Failed to create ddraw surface, back to normal surface.
for my win vista pc. please help

Reply 2 of 7, by pepemorph

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

okay dosfreak yes my video card drivers are up to date and my video card is an nvidia geforce 6150se nforce 430. appreciate your reply and please try to help me solve my problem.thank you!

Reply 4 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

pepemorph, which version of DOSBox are you using? Have you changed anything in its configuration, or is everything set to default?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 5 of 7, by pepemorph

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i use dosbox 0.72. i do sometimes use windib so that i dont get the faluire to create hardware error and i change the config file to fullscreen=true and memsize=63. so no not everything is not set to default minimax. please help anyone.

Reply 7 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
pepemorph wrote:

i use dosbox 0.72. i do sometimes use windib so that i dont get the faluire to create hardware error and i change the config file to fullscreen=true and memsize=63. so no not everything is not set to default minimax. please help anyone.

You sometimes use windib? How? By setting the environment variable SDL_VIDEODRIVER to windib before running DOSBox?

The memsize=63 should not affect the screen, but does it also happend with fullscreen=false ?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions