VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by pbackx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys,

I just made a short screencast covering the very very basics of DosBox. If there's any interest, I plan on doing some more. Let me know what you think. The video is on my blog: http://www.streamhead.com/?p=85

Reply 2 of 7, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Your voice is very strange. You sound like something from a horror movie.

Oh, and the DOSBox devs probably won't like the "Abandonware" stuff in your video, too. You're basically saying that, in order to play games on DOSBox, users have to download Warez. Great advice, really.

Reply 5 of 7, by pbackx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the speech synthesizer link. I was indeed disappointed with the "state of the art" of text to speech.

As far as abandonware is concerned. I can see your points. Whether you consider them illegal or not, I never meant to imply that it's the only way to play old games on DosBox. But I can see how it might look like that, solely based on the video. I have a large collection of original titles myself and I certainly do not condone the pirating of new games. For older (10+ years) games, I find it a little less clear. But I understand that even association might be a bad thing for DosBox. I'll pay more attention to that in the future.

Reply 6 of 7, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
pbackx wrote:

But I understand that even association might be a bad thing for DosBox. I'll pay more attention to that in the future.

Better to edit the current video, too: "Put in your DOS game CD and ...." instead of "Download it from somewhere..." 😉

Klimawandel.