VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi all,i'm new here and i have a question:i'm playing with the game fade to Black from delphine software with dosbox under windows xp..whenever i mount the virtual driver,the iso with the command imgmount or the cd rom phyisical drive,and start the game,the game says that the "cdrom is 1xspeed an therefore audio will be disabled during video sequences".is tehre a way to increase the vritual cd rom speed?

Reply 3 of 6, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Start the game by typing f2b -2

The game got another issue with DOSBox too. The stereo sound is reversed, so for the best gaming experience you have to play in mono. Do this by picking the regular Soundblaster as output device in the game options. Not Soundblaster Pro or 16.

Reply 4 of 6, by valnar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
rcblanke wrote:

Yes, detection is incorrect. This can be circumvented by using '-2' as parameter when starting.

Huh, I wasn't aware of that bug. Is it a detection issue with DOSBox, or just the game?

Reply 5 of 6, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
valnar wrote:
rcblanke wrote:

Yes, detection is incorrect. This can be circumvented by using '-2' as parameter when starting.

Huh, I wasn't aware of that bug. Is it a detection issue with DOSBox, or just the game?

Just the game. The emulated CD-ROM spins so very fast, the F2B detection bugs out and think it's 1x.

And since the game can take the -2 parameter, it's a non-issue.