VOGONS

Common searches

Screenshots of the current CVS

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 80 of 95, by Abrogate

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Snover wrote:

Abrogate thanks for the post but this is for the up-and-coming .60, not .58. 😀

I realized that after I made the post... I just saw other people with .58 in their titlebar and figured I'd join in the fun. I'm really excited about .60 though, can't wait to enjoy OMF2097 again. 😀

Reply 81 of 95, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Question about "Ultima 8" (reported as working earlier in this thread): what kind of settings do you have? And are you using patched or unpatched version of the game?

I cannot get the game work. If DPMI is switched on it gets as far as reading the file with intro (it is visble in debug version). But only black screen is shown.

Without DPMI it does not get even that far.

Edited by mirekluza: Yes, with DPMI the game works, apart from animation (Intro, creadits, possibly others). The black screen at the beginning is not working intro (wait a while for it load and then use ESC to end it).

Mirek

Last edited by mirekluza on 2003-10-06, 09:25. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 82 of 95, by J3RK

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The config file is pretty much default, with the exception of setting cycles to around 11,000, and mounting a drive with the u8 directory. When you start the program it will just go to a black screen where the intro should be. (You'll hear a click when the audio initializes.) Press escape, and it will bring you to the journal where you can enter your name. From there it plays just fine, except the sound lags by a little under a second. This is by far the best way to play it if you aren't running 9x or DOS, though I hope there is a way to get the audio synced up.

Reply 83 of 95, by J3RK

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

BTW: I'm currently using the version that comes with the Ultima Collection. So yes, it's patched. I just read that the Oct 5th CVS has better sound, so I'm going to try it out this afteroon... It now seems as though DOSBox plays every game that I can't get to run in XP any other way. Nice!

Reply 86 of 95, by Sonic-NKT

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

so tried also some games (windows version)

StarWars Rebel Assault = Worked Great, just a bit slow
Simon the Sorcerer 2 = Starts and Sound/Musik works, but crashes just after some seconds (intro)
Mame for Dos = long loading time, crashes before emulating

Is there a special cd emulation in dosbox? perhaps because of that Simon2 dont work.
ok thanks
bye

Reply 91 of 95, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Only real mode works (turbo.exe), when switching to user screen (Alt F5), mouse cursor disappears (Mouse Function 16 and 17 are not supported in DOSBOX), but it can be manipulated by keyboard.
BTW: do not use CTRL F9 to start the program (this is shortcut for killing DOSBOX 😀 , use menu instead ).

Attachments

• tp7.jpg
    Filename
    tp7.jpg
    File size
    75.59 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception