VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by mf2hd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello.

Is there any "trick" to send from dosbox to Windows a command or an event?

I'd like to start a script (AutoIt) only after dosbox.exe terminates its startup, when it shows "C:\>" and the status window complete all the info messages.

Thanks in advance.

Reply 1 of 3, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nope, you could have DOSBox create a file when done loading (in autoexec) and then have a file/directory monitor on the host. Only way I can think of (without modifying DOSBox of course)

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Shows "C:\>" ??

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 3, by mf2hd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for replies.

DOSBox create a file when done loading (in autoexec) and then have a file/directory monitor on the host.

Yes, this is the first choice I've thought and done.

The external script (AutoIt) runs dosbox.exe and the last command under "[Autoxec]" section (dosbox.conf) copy an empty file ("db_ok.tx1") with another name ("db_ok.txt").

When the function "FileExist" of the script notes that new file, starts the other windows programs that I need and delete the file used for the check before exit.
So all is ready for the next restart of dosbox.

I hoped for something more simple, but it is not a big problem.

The procedure is a bit complicated, but works fine.😀

Shows "C:\>" ??

It's a generic prompt after the "mount" in "[Autoxec]" section of the configuration file, just for understand the conditions, could be other of course.