VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by switchblade

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

DOSBox in fullscreen always worked flawlessly for me in Windows XP in my native 1440x900 resolution with ddraw output. It scaled to my entire monitor nicely and the pixels weren't stretched out of place.

I switched to Windows Vista 32-bit the other day, and immediately tried DOSBox with it. For some odd reason, fullscreen looks very badly pixelated on my native 1440x900 on Vista, regardless of what output or scaler I used. I already tried using overlay, surface, ddraw, and openglnb outputs with even the scalers forced on, and the fullscreen mode still doesn't scale nicely on my monitor. opengl doesn't even upscale my games at all.

How do I rectify this?

Vista 32-bit
AMD Athlon X2 3600+
Geforce 8800 GT 512 MB

Reply 1 of 6, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

You are sure your display is still at 1440x900?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 5 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hmmm, Are you using the latest Nvidia drivers? It's possible your using Vista's software OGL.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 6 of 6, by switchblade

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I didn't exactly find the solution I was looking for, but I guess it'll do in the meantime.

I changed the output to opengl and my fullscreen resolution set at 640x480 instead, so now when I enter fullscreen, the screen doesn't get stretched badly. Apparently, opengl was somehow unable to re size my monitor at 1440x900, but it managed to do stretch 640x480 nicely without any problems.

Oh well, thanks for the help.