VOGONS

Common searches

DOSBox 0.73 Discussion

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 161 of 207, by ppgrainbow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You did such a wonderful job on the development of DOSBox 0.73! It's about time that you released it. I've seen lots of improvements when running DOS-based applications under Windows 3.1. I can't wait to see further improvments in upcoming releases of DOSBox in the near future! 😁

Reply 163 of 207, by ppgrainbow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

>> The installer for "The 7th Guest" hangs copying the readme.

Yikes! That has gotta be a problem there. 🙁

I recall that everything I switched multiple floppy diskette images when booting from drive A, the volume label on the drive C hard disk image ends up with a corrupt volume label with the date stamp of 00-00-1980 12:03a so hopefully to fix this I had to put the volume label on both drives.

The guest OSes that I'm using are MS-DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.11 (sans Workgroups).

Reply 170 of 207, by ditikos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm having trouble with thrustmaster three-in-one gamepad. I don't know if that is a generic gamepad issue or a release one, but the controls are pointing to lower right. Is there anyway to use the dpad in dosbox? I try to config it with ctrlF1 but it always uses the analog sticks.

Reply 172 of 207, by ericmorrow

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey all. It's been awhile, but I see the conf file I attached in an earlier post has been looked at 23 times, so I guess some people are interested in the sound issue I have with a game. Maybe someone would actually like to take a look at the game in question to further troubleshoot. Luckily it can be downloaded for free through Cinemaware's (the company who made the game) website. I would post it here, but even though it is a really small game and free on the website, that seems like the more legit way to go about it. Just go to www.cinemaware.com, click on "The Vault", and then "Classic Games", and then on "TV Sports Basketball". You'll need to register for free with their site...sorry...if that's too much of a hassle and people don't seem to mind me posting it on here myself, I could do that. Thanks for any and all interest in checking it out!

Reply 173 of 207, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ericmorrow wrote:

You'll need to register for free with their site...sorry...

If anyone want to help, try one of the usernames and passwords listed at
http://www.bugmenot.com/view/cinemaware.com

Klimawandel.

Reply 174 of 207, by fluxit

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ericmorrow wrote:

Hey all. It's been awhile, but I see the conf file I attached in an earlier post has been looked at 23 times, so I guess some people are interested in the sound issue I have with a game. Maybe someone would actually like to take a look at the game in question to further troubleshoot. Luckily it can be downloaded for free through Cinemaware's (the company who made the game) website.

I see the same results here that you posted earlier. I tried changing cycles and cores with no notable difference in (lack of)sound.

I also tried running the game in real DOS on a Toshiba Pentium 90(which may still be too fast,) and the only sound was a continuous tone that changed in pitch when keys were pressed.

Perhaps TVS Basketball has an issue that is similar to this one?

Reply 178 of 207, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Hmm, I see what you mean. Try searching I think I heard of a similar request before in this forum.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper