VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by holydoom

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well...I want to run borland C++ 3.1 in dosbox
because im stuck with vista and well it has a few bugs in it Like
I cant open files from my pendrive...another I want to solve is that the screen shows off wrong it show everything in a different position

in the attachment show where it shows a box that is supposed to be more up

I want my screen to be 80 characters wide and 50 characters tall like its supposed to be in borland C++

and well thats really all I want I want to solve those things no more...the other bugs I can live with but these 2 really bother me...
as an extra is there a way so that when I exit borland I also exit dosbox???

sorry I f something is answered in the readme I read it but didnt understand some stuff im a newbie so please if you can help me telling me what to do...
thanxs in advance....

oh yeah im using the latest dosbox...

Attachments

• Dibujo.png
    Filename
    Dibujo.png
    File size
    5.57 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    the y axis of the first line is 10
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 10, by holydoom

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well it does but it doesnt

it doesnt go full screen well it cant since vista doesnt really have Dos its just system symbol vista doesnt take small resolutions... 😜

plus the keyboard changes and ive tried changing them in control panel but it doesnt change for this program when I run in in vista DOS

I mean the program runs neat in DOS BOX

it just have those errors I mentioned
which dont let me work with it...well

Reply 3 of 10, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

So, you want to use 50-line text with a program you're writing in Borland C? DOSBox supports that, you just have to switch to that type of text mode. This isn't really a programming forum, but maybe this example code will help you:

#include "CONIO.H"

int main(void) {
textmode(C4350);
cprintf("Hello, World!");
getch();
}

Reply 4 of 10, by holydoom

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanxs that really worked had no idea a code inside C could fix that...
then again dont know much about C... 😅

cool One down 2 to go...

1) is there a fix in dos box that would make me able to get into my pendrive...when I try it says invalid directory....

2) also when I save it shows a message saying...

"date and time of disk file has been changed overwrite existing file"

and after I run the program and it returns to Borland C also a message appear...

why does that message appear ???? well both of them is it dos box or borland C....

what do I do...It doesnt keep me from working but it sure bothers after a while...

Attachments

• Dibujo.png
    Filename
    Dibujo.png
    File size
    18.32 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    after I run the program and it gets back to borland C....
    File license
  • Dibujo.png
    Filename
    Dibujo.png
    File size
    18.46 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    when I save...
    File license

Reply 5 of 10, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

How are you mounting your pendrive in DOSBox?

I don't get the warning messages you do, but I have TC++ 3.0, not exactly the same version. It sounds like your angry-looking workbench might be trying to change the date/time stamps on files, and complaining because they haven't really been changed. DOSBox doesn't allow programs to change the date/time stamps on files like real DOS does. Maybe there is a workbench setting you can change so it will stop worrying about the file date/time.

Reply 6 of 10, by holydoom

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I have to mount the pendrive didnt know that sorry im a newbie...thanxs allot one more down one las thing to go...

about the bench setting yeah I was trying to look for a setting that would stop checking the time and date thing but cant really find it....how did you do it in C++ 3.0

Reply 7 of 10, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Well, I get the same message if I save more than once in the same session; it doesn't complain on the first save. I can't find an option to stop it from doing that in the environment settings. I can see from log messages in the DOSBox debugger that it is definitely trying to change the date/time stamps, so no doubt that's why it complains. There is an unofficial build of DOSBox that supports changing the stamps, if it's really important to you.

Reply 8 of 10, by holydoom

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

well its not that important its just that it bothers allot but well guess I have to get used to ir...

as an addon is there a way so that when I exit Borland dosbox automatically exits too...that would be kinda cool....

😊 if there isnt well thanxs anyway.... 😵

Reply 9 of 10, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Sure, in the [autoexec] section of the DOSBox conf file, put the commands to start up any program, and then at the end of those commands put an "exit" command. DOSBox will close when the top-level command shell is exited.