VOGONS

Common searches

DOSBOX stuck my windows please help

Topic actions

Reply 22 of 35, by dj_anubis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

look if it was a hardware issue, then my computer would crash in other events beside dosbox, it would crash in 3d games, it would crash randomaly, it would crash on dosbox itself

The thing is it crashes ONLY AND WHEN I SAY ONLY I MEAN ONLY when i try to quit dosbox, in my opinion it mught be software issie I really dont know

Reply 23 of 35, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

then my computer would crash in other events beside dosbox

Which can easiest be tested by stress testing, and not some 3d games that may or may not exercise the relevant parts of your system.

in my opinion it mught be software issie

Software "issies", assuming you're on windows since you failed to post that, can be checked by various means, DOSFreak already posted about it.

So read the thread instead of ignoring what people post.

Reply 26 of 35, by dj_anubis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried to work in SAFE MODE it works fin and not stuck, as I said before there I cant indicate when its happen sometimes it happends sometime not, anyway after trying 30 minutes it worked fine

NO PROBLEMS IN SAFE MODE

so what should I do now to solve this problem?

I really need your help...

Reply 27 of 35, by dj_anubis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

also Iwhen i try it on dosbox 0.63 t works great and didn`t crash all day, but the problem is i can`t figure how to mount CD IMAGE on 0.63 and how to disable 0.63 from detecting my joysticks

help...

Reply 28 of 35, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

NO PROBLEMS IN SAFE MODE
so what should I do now to solve this problem?

That either some driver is broken in its non-safemode usage, or some custom (autorun) application.

Try closing down (regular bootup) all nonrelevant applications (also turn off your internet/wireless) and see if it works fine then.

Reply 29 of 35, by dj_anubis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

the truth is that many time its stuck when FIREFOX is running in the background, the thing is i am not sure if its causing it, to chack it i will have to shut down firefox every time i play, and check after few times if it crahes or not

another question i have since 0.63 didnt suck even once, can i use the DLL files of 0.63 and copy only them to the 0.65 VERSION? maybe something in the newer DLL causing it could it be?

Reply 33 of 35, by frobme

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

DJ, the point is the authors can't support old versions because the code base has changed so much to increase performance/accuracy.

You've already demonstrated for yourself that DosBox is not the cause of the actual error. When you run in safemode, DosBox is executing all the same code, just using a different video output method. So it is not Dosbox code that is failing here, it's something in your video or sound drivers, or some other program that is running when you come up in non-safe mode (virus software, etc).

Saying that other games work fine proves very little. Those other games are using very different code to display their graphics, so it's just not a valid test.

You might try changing your output= line in dosbox.conf. Try overlay, or opengl. If it is graphics related you should at least see some kind of change to the behavior.

-Frob

Reply 35 of 35, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

first uninstall dosbox and install it to c:\dosbox cause you already fucked it up and changes you do to .conf doesn't work.

what is your Operating System?
what are your PC specifications?