VOGONS

Common searches

Comments on the screenshots of the cvs

Topic actions

Reply 42 of 63, by Tentacle

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've stumbled about this already, when I searched for a downloadable copy of Zak, in hope that my original is currupted and the sound may work with a pirate copy.. in vein. Sure, maybe I check it out, after I have finished with Zak, Baphomet 1&2 (on Playstation), Day of the Tentacle, and maybe Monkey Island 1&2... 😉

And more of this.. I've confused matters with Maniac Mansion above, since this is the prequel of Tentacle.. but happily, MM runs with the dosbox, too. 😁

Last edited by Tentacle on 2003-09-08, 09:11. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 45 of 63, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
keropi wrote:

is the latest cvs version 0.58 from dosbox site?

no 0.58 is the latest official release

the cvs is the current sourcecode and hasn't been released officially, but if you are interrested in it you could take a look at http://forums.pixelz.org

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 46 of 63, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Qbix wrote:

no 0.58 is the latest official release

the cvs is the current sourcecode and hasn't been released officially, but if you are interrested in it you could take a look at http://forums.pixelz.org

THANK YOU Qbix !!!! 😁

Reply 47 of 63, by icemann

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Having "everything" run is a long ways off I`d bet. But I`m very impressed with the level of compatibility so far 😀.

Last edited by icemann on 2003-09-08, 23:28. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 49 of 63, by McEck

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@qbix:
what version of dosbox are you using to run the settlers? i tried one of the new csv-builds, but it won't run the game. after starting the game, the dos4gw-standard-stuff shows on the screen, i hear the noises of sound-init, but then nothing happens. no crash, no error, nothing.

greetz

Reply 52 of 63, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DaimlerT wrote:

what version of gabriel knight are you using? I am assuming you are talking about GK 1. The CD version doesnt work for me. 🙁

Yup, Sins of the Fathers.

I have the floppy version. I recently got a copy of the CD DOS version (not the Windows one) but couldn't find the time to try it yet.

Reply 54 of 63, by BatCountry

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Latest CVS, UFO works great, albeit a little slowly on my Athlon 2.0ghz, with digital sound disabled. Midi works and sounds great. (using Roland/LAPC1 music)

Edit: I will confirm the game crash when Soundblaster digital audio is enabled. Something fishy about the way those guys (the ufo guys) wrote their soundblaster support, as other protected mode games work fine with SB digital audio.

Last edited by BatCountry on 2003-09-16, 09:31. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 56 of 63, by BatCountry

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First: get the latest cvs compile of dosbox.

Second: use terror from the deep's setup program to disable sound.

Third: Try running the game under dosbox.

Fourth: if it still doesn't work, wait for the next release and repeat. =)

Reply 57 of 63, by Ron_Lugge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks! With the new version, I can even have sound effects!

Now, I just have to figure out how to increase the speed... Running a 1.5 GHz processor, I should be able to run this a lot faster...

Can you give me any hints? Ctrl F12 helps (a lot) but I end up with it slowing down before I get it up to speed.Of course, half of that is I've never played on a system which played anything other than "extra fast" so...

edit:

Oh - I'll just try skipping frames. I missed that in the readme...

<I swear... I sound like an utter newb...>

There are 10 types of people in the world:

Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Reply 59 of 63, by BatCountry

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Originally posted by Ron_Lugge
Now, I just have to figure out how to increase the speed... Running a 1.5 GHz processor, I should be able to run this a lot faster...

Oh - I'll just try skipping frames. I missed that in the readme...

Additionally, don't forget the options in TFTD which accellerate projectile movement speed, character movement speed, and alien movement speed.

It accellerates that by dropping frames and pauses between frames in the sprite animations.

If all else fails, that should accellerate things considerably.