VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by puppetj

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Not sure what's going but I'm getting a odd video problem, certain games are setup for the graphics to be set a "surface", but game that have graphics set with ddraw seem run in a fullscreen but up in the left corner of screen and the rest of the screen is black, them if a choose the setting opengl then they will display the game in the bottom left corner, with the rest of the screen black, what's going on here?

Reply 2 of 4, by puppetj

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I forgot to mention that before then they worked just fine, and then when I would run any dosbox game or scummvm game they would load up I would see the windows 7 taskbar then they would minimize and most of the time I couldn't get them maximized or back in full screen and would have to end-task , then my wallpaper would disappear, I would need to restart the pc it would fix the issue doing this but then, mins to hours later it happened again, and ran a few viruis antimalware scans (housecall ( which did find a trojan in the free fearcombat multiplayer game which I removed the game and trojan), malware anti-bytes, and even updated my video card drivers. I when I started installing / running these game they worked just fine, seems like it only effected with dosbox & scummvn as far as I know, but what do you mean strings, btw I'm running them from either d-fiend reloaded and a few are for steam.

Reply 4 of 4, by puppetj

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok this is what it says

aspect=false
scaler=normal2x

so if I change false to true it only fixes "surface" games, but one game alien legacy its set at ddraw, but if I change it to surface it will put the game in the center of the screen with the rest all black, as for scummvm still having issues i'll have to ask them, thanks