VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Auzern

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am using the latest version of DOSBox for Pocket PC ( n0p's port ). It seems to work well but I have a problem.

I cannot see any Drive letter when I use the File Explorer. Which Drive letter should I mount?

I have tried C, D, and also E.

And also how do I turn off Sound Emulation with DOSBox?

Thanks in advance.

Reply 1 of 5, by computermatter10

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Auzern,

I am Frank, a newbie. I joined this forum due to my concern regarding the latest version of DOSBox for Pocket PC installation. But when i tried reading some of the info regarding the product I was forwarded with this site: http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Basic_Setup_and_In … ation_of_DosBox. This site might help you much on your problem. This is all about Basic Setup and Installation of DosBox.

Thanks and Best regards.

Last edited by computermatter10 on 2010-03-14, 20:27. Edited 1 time in total.

Website Design Company

Reply 2 of 5, by Auzern

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the reply, Frank.
I have finally figured out how to use DOSBox on Pocket PC and I must say that its great. It has never crashed until now.
By the way, what I did to solve the problem was use the left shift instead of the right one. Each time I used the right shift it used to come a semi-colon ( C;\DOS\ ). But then when I tried the left shift, I got the colon ( C:\DOS\ ).
And how I turned off sound emulation was editing the "dosbox.conf" file that I got with the archive.
I must say that this is a must-have application for the PocketPC.

Regards,
Auzern

Reply 3 of 5, by binarymaster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a big problem. I can't write any letters in command prompt. Only TAB button works fine. I've tried to reconfigure mapper file - not successfull. I think that on my Pocket PC device all the buttons returns only one key code.

HTC Touch Pro T7272 (ARM, Pocket PC)
Slider qwerty keyboard
Changeable screen resolution (480x640 or 640x480)
Windows Mobile 6.1 OS
DOSBox 0.73 ARM

by Stas'M