VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Duke_Of_Zork

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there any way to set Dosbox to run on a widescreen monitor, without stretching the screen? I'd rather just run it at 4:3, and put up with having the black bars on each side.

You have entered a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Reply 1 of 5, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

[resolved] Questions about fullscreen and aspect ratio?

aspect=true is your friend 😀 Check out the readme and try out various rendering options for best results.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 2 of 5, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I know exactly what you're after!

Check your config file and set these settings:

[sdl]
fullscreen=true
fullresolution=0x0 (0x0 means it will use the native resolution of your LCD like 1920 x 1080)
output=openglnb

[render]
aspect=true
scaler=normal3x

Reply 3 of 5, by Duke_Of_Zork

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh yes, that's perfect. I guess there's no easy way to toggle between them, short of re-editing the config file? It's not a big deal if there isn't, as I don't plan on changing it very often, and I can always keep a copy of various configurations in separate files, to paste in. This is perfect, thanks.

You have entered a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Reply 4 of 5, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Duke_Of_Zork wrote:

I guess there's no easy way to toggle between them, short of re-editing the config file?

DOSBox's "-conf" parameter (see readme) lets you specify which config file you want to load. So a few batch files can definitely make your life easier.... or just use a frontend.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 5 of 5, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I can recommend D-Fend reloaded or DOSBox Game Launcher

http://members.quicknet.nl/blankendaalr/dbgl/
http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/

These are front-ends and make using DOSBox really easy. Allows you to create various profiles with different configurations. Very neat and saves you a ton of time.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel