VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by underjack

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, I'm megabuild 6 from hal9000. I've read all the documentation and tried several things, but I can't seem to get the ne2000 passthrough to work.

Everything seems okay...pcap is installed and recognized by dosbox. The NICs in the system are listed.

But setting realnic=1 (or whatever is appropriate) has no affect. The NICs are listed at startup in the console, regardless of what realnic says (or even if it's there). All I get is the list of NICs.

This happens on two different machines, one with Win-Vista and one with Win-7

Is there something horribly simple that I am missing.

Thanks for any help,

Underjack

Reply 2 of 9, by underjack

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes, I have verified that it is loading the right config file.

The first two lines of the config file (non-comment are):

ne2000=true
realnic=3

DosBox lists the 3 nics (one for VirtualBox, one for VirtualPC, and the actual NIC)

Reply 5 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Let hal megabuild create a config. It should have it

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 6 of 9, by underjack

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dominus wrote:

Let hal megabuild create a config. It should have it

That was the ticket, although it put the default config in AppData/Local, when I was expecting it it to go in the same path as the program.

The section header is [ne2000] for those of you wondering.

Reply 7 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Dosbox doesn't put the config file into the program folder anymore due to Vistas and W7s more restrictive rights management. You'd need admin rights to run dosbox otherwise...

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 8 of 9, by underjack

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dominus wrote:

Dosbox doesn't put the config file into the program folder anymore due to Vistas and W7s more restrictive rights management. You'd need admin rights to run dosbox otherwise...

That makes perfect sense.

Although I'm using dosbox as a "portable" application, and running it off a USB stick.

Reply 9 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

If you put the config Into the dosbox folder it will be read AFAIK.