VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by jez

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I know this is a relatively obscure request, but:

We have a mouse sensitivity setting currently in the DOSBox config file. Is it possible now to set separate mouse sensitivity settings on the mouse X and Y axis? Would this be easy to add to a future DOSBox version (I'm building the SVN version so as soon as it's added I could test it; or if pointed to the appropriate file I could even try to implement it)?

You may be wondering why I want this. The game "Mad TV" has a weird mouse behaviour where the mouse moves more easily horizontally than vertically! So, I want a higher mouse sensitivity for vertical movement than horizontal movement to fix this.

== Jez ==

Reply 1 of 2, by jez

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Actually I'm going to refine this request even more. 😀

The game weirdly seems to have a very low sensitivity in scrolling the mouse cursor UP, but the other three directions are OK. So I'd like to be able to have 4 mouse sensitivity settings; when moving left, right, down, and up. 😀

== Jez ==

Reply 2 of 2, by mkvreak

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!
I hate it when I need to revive an old topic, but since I could not find another one and this here matches my request, I might as well use it.

The mouse sensitivity for “Mad TV” is kind of weird. As jez already wrote, three directions (left, right, up) are working properly, but going down is very insensitive and needs more mouse meters. Setting the sensitivity to a higher value like 200 does not change the bug. It’s just faster in all directions, but moving the cursor down is still stuttering. It’s kind of hard to play, I have in mind that it ran more fluently in earlier versions. Maybe I should try some older version …

Edit: I have to correct myself. The bug also shows in x-direction: moving left is fine, moving right stutters. In y-direction: moving up is fine, moving down stutters. Very weird.