Common searches

[Resolved] EmuCR Dosbox r3784

Topic actions

First post, by manic232

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there, just downloaded EmuCR Dosbox r3784, but get this error

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

I have Visual C++ installed and have tried deleting the .conf file but no joy, any ideas?

Last edited by manic232 on 2012-07-22, 15:44. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 26, by manic232

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes, im using Win XP Pro also with SP3, i have latest DX, Visual C++ 2010, latest everything! still no joy, very odd, oh well thanks anyway, SVN Daum seem to work just fine and is based on the latest EmuCR Dosbox r3784 anyway, so im using that.

Reply 4 of 26, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I'm pretty sure yhkwong is not basing his builds on EmuCR's anything.
Both are basing their built on Dosbox' SVN 😀

What might have been the problem is a mismatch of SDL.dll or other dlls that come with eiither original Dosbox, EmuCR and Yhkwong.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 7 of 26, by manic232

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There are no svn builds listed there

Says on the page below...

Jul. 1. 2012
1. Based on SVN r3784

http://www.emucr.com/2012/07/ykhwongs-dosbox- … d-01072012.html

Reply 8 of 26, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

There is only one Dosbox SVN, both EmuCR and Yhkwong builts are based on revision 3784 of Dosbox SVN

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 10 of 26, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

http://sourceforge.net/scm/?type=svn&group_id=52551

Reply 11 of 26, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

and read http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/SVN_Builds

Reply 12 of 26, by manic232

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I really appreciate all your help, but I dont really want to have to learn advanced rocket science simply to play a game! i just want to download DOSBox and play, all this subversion client/build from source stuff is way over my head, i'll stick with the build on EmuCR, they work for me anyway.

Reply 13 of 26, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I thought so too but you asked where to download SVN 😉
But now you are saying emucr builts are working for you? I thought the whole point of this thread was that it didn't... 😉

Reply 14 of 26, by manic232

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

🤣, yes sorry didn't explain myself very well, the DOSBox EmuCR SVN does not work, but the DOSBox Daum one does, so i'll stick that.

Also when I asked about downloading SVN, i didn't realised that you had to compile it yourself, i thought there would be a pre-compiled .exe for download, but no matter. Many thanks once again for all your help.

Reply 16 of 26, by manic232

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
wd wrote:

It contains the official releases so use them.

I have been using the official DOSBox for some time and am very happy with it, but I recently got myself a real rev 0 Roland MT-32 and need the rev00 fix to fix the buffer overflow errors in some games. That is the only reason I need to use an SVN build.

Reply 17 of 26, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
manic232 wrote:

Yes, im using Win XP Pro also with SP3, i have latest DX, Visual C++ 2010, latest everything! still no joy, very odd, oh well thanks anyway, SVN Daum seem to work just fine and is based on the latest EmuCR Dosbox r3784 anyway, so im using that.

The VC++ runtimes aren't cumulative. You might need to install 2008 or 2005.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 18 of 26, by manic232

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
SquallStrife wrote:
manic232 wrote:

The VC++ runtimes aren't cumulative. You might need to install 2008 or 2005.

OK mate, thanks, I'll try that.