VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Xenphor

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm using the above programs and while I can get the XG midi working well with the VistaMidiMapper just by playing a midi file in Windows Media player, I quickly get errors out of Loopbe1. Loopbe1 says that I'm getting midi feedback and not to connect midi in and out within the same application. When this happens the midi playback crashes and I have to basically reload the plugin within Vsthost.

So, I'm guessing the problem is how I've set the midi routing up within Vsthost but I don't know how to resolve it. I've tried several combinations of Midi Out/In/Through but nothing seems to work. Has anybody got this working correctly?

edit: I'm using windows 7 64 bit and I've read that loopbe1 is the only virtual midi device to support 64bit.

edit: I read on vgmusic.com that loopbe1 has problems with many midi effects so I'm using midiyoke instead. Apparently midiyoke can't work with 64bit applications but other than that it seems to work well.

edit: I guess I spoke too soon. Now I'm having a similar problem where the midi synth starts going out of whack after subsequent plays. I don't know if this is feedback like before or what.

Reply 1 of 2, by Logistics

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I can't speak for the 64-bit part as I know many of the versions of the S-YXG50 software are not 64-bit compatible (maybe none), but I saw this, this morning: http://m.friendfeed-media.com/622954a1c011f90 … 0893847fd489cb0

Shouldn't this be in Marvin?

Reply 2 of 2, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Are you trying to do something in DOSBox?

Logistics wrote:

Shouldn't this be in Marvin?

Perhaps Milliways since he is using a relative recent version of Windows. That is if he is not trying to do something with DOSBox.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers