VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Laka

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone,

I just bought "dosbox turbo" for my galaxy s2 after seeing several video halflife for android youtube.
After download the file "hl.img" dosbox and manuals in French, I e not manage to start the game .. I do not understand how ....

Can you help me, please?

Thank you in advance

PS: sorry for my english (google translation ...)

Reply 4 of 6, by Xelasarg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

And even though you might be able to start Half Life through Windows 95 in DOSBox Turbo, it would be completely unplayable. The most you'll get from DOSBox Turbo is ~Pentium 90 speed (e.g. on a Galaxy Note 2), which is already a miracle considering it's running on a phone. That's fine for Fallout or Wing Commander 3, but Half Life is way too advanced even for most desktop PCs.

"What's a paladin?!"

Reply 6 of 6, by Gramps83

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The video is not a fake. I've played Half-Life on both a Galaxy Note 2 and a Nexus 7. But as Xelasarg says, you'll definitely need a FAST android device if you even want to attempt this.

Also, as mentioned in the previous posts. Whomever posted the video (the original seems to come from someone in Russia), seems to have included possibly unauthorized copies of software, so you are not going to get any help from anyone on this forum and you shouldn't be asking about warez.