VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by wocko1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I know this question has been asked ages ago, and googling it doesn't give a clear answer, but I was wondering if someone has managed to get touchscreen working in the Windows version of Dosbox? Or even a touchpad mode for those dos games that don't like absolute mouse movement.

I know Dosbox Turbo for Android supports these quite well, but I would like the same thing for my Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro, which is a tablet that runs standard Windows 8.

Is there anything I can do to get this working?

Thanks in advance

Reply 1 of 4, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

To get this working, best port dosbox o sdl 2.0 😉

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 4, by wocko1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So effectively what you're saying is at this point in time, you can't do it, until someone adds SDL 2.0 support to Dosbox? I did see someone try to do it but it's Linux only and that doesn't help me.

Seems like Windows users are SOL

Reply 3 of 4, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Dosbox and SDL are cross platform, so when it is done for linux it should work for Windows as well, provided someone compiles it for Windows.
I forgot that NYxxx (some numbers) already did port dosbox. Somewhere there is a patch...

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 4, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

So to be clear, when dosbox is ported to SDL 2.0 (currently Dosbox uses SDL 1.2.x) it should be more easily to habdle touch interfaces. Currently the old SDL is the biggest hurdle.
The problem with SDL 2.0 is that it isn't released yet. ETA is May...