VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Nic-93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

i had disabelled the sound blaster, treid alternate gus paths, new installs, no sound in all the doom titles ore duke nukem, or transport tycoon ore treid other suggestions on the internet.
and even had treid moveing the pat files over to the program.

anyone help me out on this?.

Thanks.

Reply 6 of 14, by Nic-93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bloodbat wrote:
Oh mysterious search function...how we loathe thee. Look here Install Gravis Ultrasound Properly, All files, No Errors (With Pic […]
Show full quote

Oh mysterious search function...how we loathe thee.
Look here
Install Gravis Ultrasound Properly, All files, No Errors (With Pictures!)
I don't recommend pro patches.

i have enabelled and disabelled sb, it doesnt matter wich one..
i still only get sfx.
no matter what sound set i use.

Reply 7 of 14, by bloodbat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

*If* properly installed then...some games need to have ultramid loaded to play music, some don't...also, the IRQs set in the DosBox .conf file must match whatever is set in the game's setup when choosing gravis, same goes for DMA.

Reply 8 of 14, by Nic-93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bloodbat wrote:

*If* properly installed then...some games need to have ultramid loaded to play music, some don't...also, the IRQs set in the DosBox .conf file must match whatever is set in the game's setup when choosing gravis, same goes for DMA.

it plays smooth with PLAYMIDI so i am aware of that it Works, i just need the games to run it, i could get transport tycoon in the past to play with the gus files.

Reply 9 of 14, by Teppic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Works for me with or without PRO patches.

This is my GUS config:
gus=true
gusrate=44100
gusbase=240
gusirq=5
gusdma=3
ultradir=C:\ULTRASND

I don't get any music if the wrong path is used. Make sure it's set up properly (with my config I can access the ultrasnd folder by going to c: in DOSBox and then type cd ultrasnd) Make sure the folder name isn't longer than 8 characters.

My AdLib recordings

Reply 10 of 14, by Nic-93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Teppic wrote:
Works for me with or without PRO patches. […]
Show full quote

Works for me with or without PRO patches.

This is my GUS config:
gus=true
gusrate=44100
gusbase=240
gusirq=5
gusdma=3
ultradir=C:\ULTRASND

I don't get any music if the wrong path is used. Make sure it's set up properly (with my config I can access the ultrasnd folder by going to c: in DOSBox and then type cd ultrasnd) Make sure the folder name isn't longer than 8 characters.

ill try out the config.
edit: i dont get any sound still.

Reply 12 of 14, by Nic-93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Teppic wrote:

Are you using the already complete ultrasound folders from the guide posted above?

yeah, but i sem to have a working Windows 3.1 folder with gus installed that has a autoexe with gus activated so that way i can run it with dos games.

Reply 13 of 14, by Teppic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I still think there's some problem with the path you have. If you type ultrasnd\playmidi in DOSBox, does it start the playmidi program?

Otherwise I'm not sure what's wrong. It will work with DOSBox 0.74 on this site. I suggest you download it and try to see if you can get it working.

My AdLib recordings

Reply 14 of 14, by Nic-93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Teppic wrote:

I still think there's some problem with the path you have. If you type ultrasnd\playmidi in DOSBox, does it start the playmidi program?

Otherwise I'm not sure what's wrong. It will work with DOSBox 0.74 on this site. I suggest you download it and try to see if you can get it working.

it starts up fine playing and etc, i have the pre-intalled files, and path set, i have a old Windows 3,1 folder with it that loads up the gus, and plays the midi sound and sfx.