VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

Dosbox is a great program and I'm glad its growing strong as it is!
I have a few suggestions to make... I searched the forums and I found nothing about these. Did you consider adding the following:

- a "reset" key command, useful to switch between those old CGA games (in windows, ctrl+alt+del brings up the Task Manager...).
- disk status light: some emulators have a small pixel block that indicates that a disk drive is working. useful when the loading is with a black screen and you wonder if it crashed.
- zip support: choose a zipfile and automount it as a disk drive in RAM (as long as the zip is not huge).
- and with the zip support (maybe through the frontend only though): selector of .exe to run (C64S style, avoids having to deal with DOS).

I fully know these may be a lot of work so I don't expect them 😀 But if you like them think about it next time you're looking to add something.

Reply 2 of 6, by newsdee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

1. is it known why it's that way? Do the emulator *needs* restarting to clear things up? If not, then there could be an option to replace CTRL+F9 to the desired behavior...

3. the code is mostly there (zlib, examples on MAME) though... it would require a lot of RAM but that would be up to every user to decide... after all, all the other computer emulators run that way so you can load games directly. Is it discussed in a forum here? I'd like to take a peek 😀