VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

Hi!

I've found my old Windows 3.11 discs and would really like to install Windows 3.11 to be used with DOSBOX. However, it does not work.
When starting the installer, the following message appears:

The programs below have been detected on yur computer. If any memory managers or disk-caching programs are listed, you should quitt Setup and remove them. Setup automatically installs the SMARTDrive disk-caching program and the EMM386 memory manager, which we recommend you use instead.

Other types of programs in the list may cause problems when you run Setup or Windows. Quit Setup and read the file SETUP.TXT for information about using these programs with Setup or Windows. Then run Setup again. SETUP.TXT is on DIsk 1 of your Windows disk set.

SUBST.EXE (unknown) MS-DOS SUBST Utility
JOIN.EXE (unknown) MS-DOS JOIN Utility

- to quit setup, press ENTER or F3
- to continue Setup, press C.

When I press "c", dosbox crashes and quits. I'm running Fedora Core 1. Is there anything I can do about this to eventually get Windows 3.11 to work?

Thanks in advance!

-Felix

Reply 1 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

nope nothing you can do. If you search the forums you will see that this has been asked multiple times before.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 5 of 5, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

yeppers dear fellas... guess you all probably know when duke nukem forever is coming.... forever is a very sugestive name... muahahahahaha

"But listen to me brother, you just keep on walking, 'cause you and me and sister ain't got nothing to hide..." - Scatman John