VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by jugheadjones

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

DOSBOX is working but the way this version of WIN 8 labels and stores files is giving me a hard time trying to run downloaded games. What am I overlooking or suggestions?

Reply 1 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Illegal downloads are not supported

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 8, by ih8registrations

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That's a tired refrain, there are a slew of games for download that are available with the owners blessing now days. There's a thread on vogons cataloging such games, it has amassed to quite a collection now.

Last edited by ih8registrations on 2014-04-27, 23:20. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

But strangely it's almost never about these games...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 5 of 8, by glitterbell23

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am using Windows 8.1 and DosBox 0.74. I am trying to play Kings Quest IV. When I double click on the DosBox icon on my desktop it only opens for a few seconds and then closes. It says something about an error. When I try to open it with 7 zip it says that I am missing SDL_net.dll but I know that I have it along with SDL.dll. I am not sure what to do. I am new at this and not very versed with these type of computer skills. My computer is an HP Split that I just got for Christmas. Please help me.

Reply 8 of 8, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
glitterbell23 wrote:

When I try to open it with 7 zip it says that I am missing SDL_net.dll but I know that I have it along with SDL.dll.

I'm confused. What exactly are you trying to open with 7-zip?

My computer is an HP Split that I just got for Christmas.

DOSBox (or more specifically SDL) has problems with tablets. I think it should work if you plug in a mouse.

I think it should also work if you set the environment variable SDL_VIDEODRIVER=windib at a command prompt. You can accomplish the same thing if you use D-Fend Reloaded, according to "Device not registered" error and exit .

But the easiest solution is to just plug in a mouse.

EDIT: Apparently this works too.
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/dosbox_and_w … hscreen_tablets