VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by mOPQatjjIGnZ6ORlY

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Apparently my Intel HD Graphics are disrupting Dosbox's full screen mode. Even if I set the full resolution to match the normal resolution it kicks out of full screen and back to windowed.

As a workaround I can change Intel's properties to 800x600 first, but this is cumbersome since their dialog window doesn't fit. Using other output modes within the Dosbox conf does not help.

Laptop
Windows 7 Home
Intel HD Graphics 3000

Anyone else know of a better solution?

EDIT: Turns out it was Asus's on-screen display ("ATKOSD2") after all. Uninstalling will probably work too, but all I had to do was disable it from the "Startup" tab of the "msconfig" program. Then it falls back to the less flashy, yet also less disruptive one.

Last edited by mOPQatjjIGnZ6ORlY on 2014-12-07, 22:48. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 4, by mOPQatjjIGnZ6ORlY

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Now the workaround stopped working. Perhaps it only works immediately after the change and rebooting breaks it.

I've tried all the different output values and none seems to make a difference.

Thanks for taking the time folks, but I'm going to go with Virtualbox and Freedos if I ever go back to the game again.

EDIT: One final thought is it could be Asus's on-screen notifications app as it often appears over my full screen games and applications with ugly and laggy results.

Reply 4 of 4, by mOPQatjjIGnZ6ORlY

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

For what it's worth this also manifests in Windows 10. Closing the Asus OSD apps does not appear to help. It also impacts other OpenGL software. Sadly I haven't found a solution here.