VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DCeric

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay as the subject says for some reason any game using opengl or openglnb will not work with mouse autolock. I might be a total newb here as well but I just can't find any information regarding this problem. Now I wanted to make a single game pack which I have but with this problem the mouse is in the center of the screen. Surface and ddraw works fine with Mouse Autolock on but I need OpenGL so I can use the game with Steam.

Reply 2 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I think it should work... Are you using normal Dosbox or one of the forks?
It might be a driver issue...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 6, by DCeric

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm using the one bundled with Ultimate Doom on Steam. You could be right it maybe a driver issue i'm not sure I just got the latest Nvidia update. Anyways what happens though with OpenGL and OpenGLnb it doesn't do any of the screen flicker before the game loads and the mouse just stays there. With Surface and DDraw the screen flickers and removed the mouse its so odd. Ultimate Doom is using DOSBox 0.71. so I figure that maybe the problem so now i'm going to use the latest update and see if that works.

Reply 5 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Please, when reporting bugs, please ALWAYS state which version you've got problems with AND always try with the latest official one, before reporting. That's true for all software, not only DOSBox;)

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 6 of 6, by DCeric

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

🤣 well thanks for the help I figured ID would have updated Ultimate Doom to 0.74. and so that is what I thought I was using. Oh well now its working and it just feels so legit making these single game packages. Following picture of what I have done. I'm sure other people have made Single Game Packs as well. What I did though is convert the bat file to a exe and I made a custom icon for it as well. This is compatible with all versions of Windows as well as monitors (fullscreen gameplay). Just click the exe file and the game starts.

Attachments

• Troy.JPG
    Filename
    Troy.JPG
    File size
    19.91 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    the exe was once a little bat file
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception