VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by MabusRaeen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all,

This is my first post here so I'd like to use this oppertunaty to share some things I've found out.

First for those of you who like to use a gamepad and found two supported buttons not enough download the program found here:

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA016823/joyto … ey/english.html

This program, JoyToKey, emulates keyboard key through your gamepad. Meaning you can set up about 32 buttons, with a lot more. It works great!

Also for those of you running a game using CD-Audo for music. You might have noticed that there a pauze between switching tracks.
This sucks.
It's caused by the high spin rate of modern CD-Rom players. There are programs that will allow you to lower this is speed. But if the game also read information from the CD this will cause slower loading times.

Try my method.
Create an image of the CD
Then Mount it as a CD-Rom player using a program like Deamon Tools or Alcohol 120%
Mount this virtual CD in DOSBox as if it were a normal CD-Rom.

All done. Amazing load time and no more pauses.

Cheers!

Reply 1 of 1, by [JJ]

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Adding to the tips cookie jar here's one from me concerning Windows 2000 shortcuts:

"C:\Program Files\DOSBox-0.61\dosbox.exe" c:\Games\Fantasy_General\fg.bat -fullscreen -conf "C:\Program Files\DOSBox-0.61\dosbox.conf"

is my shortcut for Fantasy General, in the file fg.bat I put 'exit' as the last option so I don't have to type 'exit' at the prompt...

[JJ]
Beverage Master 1st Dan